What do you want in BFD4?

BFD4? Or one of the specific features mentioned here?

20 character of M1 support.

2 Likes

i studied SD3 and 2… and what they do with the RR is very simple…
they even have less velocities layers than BFD2 or 3 … less “hits”…
what they do is simpe… anyone can figure it out… let’s say you have 127 samples… that triggers with midi… if you hit the velocity 100… in the midi piano… 10 times… SD3…2… they just play velocity 100… then…99… then. even 101… then… 98… then… 102… the… 98… sometimes …even 90… BUT… the trick is… to “RAISE” or “LOWER” the volumen… … with a Programming script… easy and simple… if BFD3 do that they will CRASH SD3 in a second… because BFD3 has always more layers than SD3… more velocities hits… poeople will forget about SD3 and will jump to BF3 inmediatly. easy and simple.

1 Like

iPAD OS compatible … could be doable

A feature like EZDrummer3’s Bandmate would be super!!

BFD to open showing the last used preset in the left hand preset browser window, same for the groove browser, or a function to select ‘last used preset/groove’ from the options menu in the browser. As discussed here: Why can't I see my settings? - #6 by Viamichael

1 Like

More FX ideas… Either a Dynamic EQ, and or De-Esser would be useful for taming HF resonances in direct cymbals and ambient mics. Other uses would be for snare ring and any shells like toms, where dampening is too much and you just need to set a threshold to grab any woofy overtones.

A Utility FX for monitoring would be helpful. I like to mix a lot in mono and have to bring BFD3 into my DAW to do that. Basically, a quick M/S monitoring feature. I love this plugin below by TB Pro Audio. I made a suggestion to add swap left/right channels and they even added it. But where it really is invaluable, is in it’s ability to solo or mute any combination of bands. You can adjust the crossovers as well. It’s a great, easy way to isolate subs and lows, or any range and compare it to a commercial track. I know it’s asking a lot, so no worries there, but the M/S would help me out so I can work more in BFD3 Standalone.

2 Likes

Please make the minimum system requirements for macOS, include Mojave 10.14.6. Otherwise, I probably won’t be using BFD4 anytime soon.

1 Like

Not sure if something like this was already mentioned, but I’ve never taken for granted the BFD file structure letting me customize exactly which drums I want from each pack and having a smaller sample set. Would be great if that’s preserved in future versions.

1 Like

Partial kit loads. I think I said that before? I forget. I still want it.

I want to have kits with just cymbals, or just hand percussion, or just toms, or whatever, and be able to load them into the current kit, and overwrite just those pieces that are in the new partial kit. i.e. I want to swap just the cymbals out, or add just groups of hand percussion or orchestral percussion to the current kit.

Also, for any kit or mixer adjustments, some kind of a settings version button, where I can swap and compare settings.

Not sure if there’s already a way to do this but an easy way to take a drum from one kit and drop into another bringing along all of the EQ, effects, etc. Be able to bring it into the kit as either a replacement or an addition.

Have you tried right clicking on your drum channel and clicking, 'save channel preset?

Never used it so can’t guarantee it’s what you want but worth a shot.

Steve

Well, two of us, at any rate.

1 Like

As Steve mentioned, you can save channel presets, but they will only save the FX and not the drum itself. What I found easier, is to just load/swap new drums on channels I already have with fx and kit tweaks. Then you can save that whole new kit+fx as a preset.

1 Like

That sounds worth trying. Thanks.

1 Like

Good idea. Thanks you for 20 characters.

LINUX!!!

Ability to change paths to user data (presets, etc.).

Remap articulation on drum as a saved kit piece preference. Your old libraries have Hit, Edge, Bell, Bow on cymbals. A few of them are really annoying to deal because “hit” is “edge” on one cymbal while “hit” is “bow” on others.

More rides 21/22" - The libraries I have (and I have almost all the ones with cymbals) are not well populated for these. Some heavy rides in 21/22 would be nice.

Some of your more recent libraries (Oblivian / Crush) have really low levels on cymbals. This is not helpful and should not be done. We can level cymbals down ourselves. It creates problems with swapping kit pieces. Keep doing cymbals close mike at full level and let us do the level down.

Also a PEQ (e.g. PEQ3) would be nice. The frequency range of the bands should not be limited. When hunting for frequencies of hatred, it is annoying to have to switch between bands of a filter plugin.

If Linux support is in, then very happy. I am currently on Windoze for music stuff. Would very much like to make that go to linux. BFD is one of the two problems I have to do that.

There’s going to be a BFD 4?!?! Hell yeah.

There are two requests I would love to add that for whatever reason Toontrack does not give you the option (which I find very bizarre)

Having an option to have 32 mono outs (would be amazing for reaper, Logic Pro,etc. users)

Also the option to tune drums by pitch. I know there is a tuning system, but to be able to differentiate between pitch quickly would really speed things along.

Ps. A triggering system for audio tracks in a DAW would be pretty cool. Like having a plug-in that sends trigger info to BFD separately. Kinda like Slate Trigger but with BFD sounds. I’ve been fantasizing about that for years.

1 Like