[UNDER REVIEW] "No packs found in pack price catalogue... "

Yes, precisely. It scans the online server for available packs in order to update the list in the software.

1 Like

Thanks that’s useful and reassuring to know.

Try hitting the ‘tools’ button on the right hand side of the demo packs window, choose delete all demo packs from the drop down.

Please report back if this helps.

@JS1Music

Hi Drew I see your post was 13 days ago-has this problem been fixed yet or am I missing something? As Im still getting this problem.

There hasnt been a new version out yet, no updates to the LM or BFD itself so that would say no, not been fixed yet.

Im hoping every time one of these big bugs gets fixed, it prompts a new version?

I’d rather have to install multiple new versions in a month or even a week than have workflow killing bugs left until there is enough bug fixes to cause an update to come out.

@BFD_Drew Any update time lines we can be privvy too?

1 Like

Any updates on this? I have the same issues as people above–warning messages every single time in Ableton Live 11 (Windows 10). Have tried the suggestions above to no avail.

Neither of the remedies mentioned here - unchecking the ‘activate’ box or deleting the demo packs works. Something I did find that works if you keep your daw computer offline is to delete (this is on a Mac) the com.fxpansion.licensemanager.plist file in Mac HD/users/user/library/preferences Problem with that is if you go online you still get the error messages.

BFD should never have been sold to InMusic. At least under Roli things worked right.

1 Like

But Roli have gone bust, and updates were very thin on the ground with Roli.

I dont know where we’d be now if Roli still had BFD. I’ve a horrible feeling we’d have no software at all any more.

At least updates are now coming out regularly again, and development is happening again. The Roli years seem to have a largely working BFD because nothing was happening, it was just languishing as the last version.

All these lingering migration bugs will be fixed soon enough I hope.

2 Likes

Gotta be careful what I say, obviously. But you’re not far wrong. I’m very happy to be here at inMusic.

3 Likes

At least under Roli BFD still worked like it always did with none of this BS we’re going through. If the powers that be had actually dug into InMusic’s history they’d know it would be a mistake to go with them. Ask over on the DUC - the ProTools forum about inMusic and be prepared to get an earful about all that’s bad.

1 Like

Glad you’re happy because no one else is. This disaster has me back on BFD 3.3.x and even with that I still get these bleeping ’ no packs found…’ messages. Should not have happened. Makes this whole operation look Mickey Mouse.

2 Likes

Oh, I dunno about that :slight_smile:

There are plenty of threads on this board about bugs that have been squashed and installs that have been fixed with both the communities support and official BFD crew themselves.

I understand the frustration for sure, especially with bugs that stop work from happening, but bugs are getting squashed regularly, and keeping our eyes on the prize, BFD sounds better than just about anything other than an actual drummer.

Hopefully we’ll see a new beta sooner rather than later.

Does this error window pop up constantly or just a first BFD boot up?

EDIT: I guess what I’m saying is, I’d rather see BFD in develepment and a going concern in the marketplace to keep it alive, rather than no updates at all.

1 Like

You must be wearing rose colored glasses. Have you spent any time over on the DUC asking people what they feel anout InMusic and the benign neglect that’s been visited on products that were formerly under the purview of Avid? Long-known bugs that never get fixed. The long standing comment is that InMusic is where s/w goes to die.

The error pops up everytime BFD3 is inserted in a session. Say I work on a session with BFD3 and I save and close that session. Open another session and insert BFD 3 and the price packs message pops up. And if you have your daw offline like most due the messages never go away. Between that and not having access to my Sonic Reality expansions is why I’ve gone back to 3.3.x which save for the error messages work with ALL my expansions.

If it wasn’t so damned expensive I would move to Superior Drummer 3 but I don’t have $800 bucks lying around to buy the program and the libraries I would need. BFD3 isn’t even in the same ballpark as SD3.

1 Like

No but I’ve heard that phrase before regarding inmusic. There may well be an element of rose coloured glasses due to not having issues any more, but its also informed by the dev team being so far very responsive on here and squashing bugs. I’m only concerned with how BFD is going, and so far, development is happening. Its more alive than it seemed to be at Roli, who are now bankrupt.

Given the options above, and the situation, things could be way worse. Given that you’re able to run the previous FXPansion version that you’re happy with, youre still in a better position than if BFD were still at Roli, apart from that error message.

Active development, which is demonstrated on this board with all the updates so far, is better than being in a bankrupt wilderness :slight_smile: We have no idea what kind of deal BFD has with inmusic. So far, its looking acceptable in terms of updates.

Have you messaged @BFD_Drew or any mods about your expansions?

Offline… I was getting this error on my Raspberry Pi4 install of BFD, which is offline and why I posted the above solution, which possibly also adds to my rose tinted glasses - RPi BFD!. If its an error message that impossible to get rid of offline tho, thats a show stopper annoyance!

Hopefully, we’ll be allowed to post when we start testing a new beta.

1 Like

Hi All,
I tried all of the above to get rid of these prompts. Oddly, the boxes needing to be unchecked, were already unchecked, so i have no solution… I have a huge template within Pro Tools and even with a terabyte of RAM, it takes a long time to load. With lots of plug-ins fighting to pre-load first, the “Price-Pack” billboards occasionally causing my session to crash upon loading. I have used BFD for a decade and followed the upgrades since it’s release. Sadly, it is going to have to go into the “UNUSED” folder until a solution is found. Bummer.

The Demo Packs code has been completely disabled / removed. If you are running an older update from the FXpansion era (3.3.x.x or below), BFD will be trying to talk to the now deceased FXpansion server, and yep you’ll get a warning message. One of the early inMusic era builds may have still had it. I’ve taken out that code entirely while we figure out what to do with the demo pack subsystem.

3 Likes

Awesome. Nice one! :slight_smile:

Hi, judging from what I am reading here, I might be in the right environment to ask this question. What can I do to get my BFD running again as it just keeps getting interrupted with this message saying : No packs found in pack price catalogue. and, No packs found in pack summary. Date : Monday 20th of September 2021. Email : harrysea@bigpond.com Is there anything being repaired for all of us who may be experiencing this problem ? Thanks.

What version of BFD are you running?

The issue appears to stem from using an old version that is attempting to call to the now defunct FXpansion servers. Updating to the latest BFD should resolve this issue.

What version are you using?? 3.4.2.4, or an older version???