[UNDER REVIEW] "No packs found in pack price catalogue... "

ooops no it came back again with the activated button turning itself back on!

1 Like

Has no one from BFD picked upon this problem-its really annoying

2 Likes

I’m getting the same on Mac Pro and Macbook Pro, I have tried everything suggested here and nothing helps, please help us BFD? I am using V3.3.1 build 33,

Okay editing this again, crazy, i went and installed the latest version 3.4.2 build 4 and everything is working fine, no more annoying ‘no packs found…’ message, clearly there;s a lot of investigating to be done. I will monitor and see if this message returns…

I find it puzzling and concerning that some software has managed to infiltrate earlier versions of BFD 3.3 that on the face of it have had nothing to do with any of the inmusic upgrade procedures. I’d restored my whole system from a CCC clone to a pre inmusic state and yet this still started happening out of the blue.
Any ideas on how that may have happened Drew? or anyone?

To be honest I don’t think Drew knows what’s going on. And if my machine is not connected to the net (no matter if I’m logged into the license manager) I can’t dismiss the damned messages. They keep coming back. If I know InMusic it will never get fixed. There are long-standing bugs in other s/w they have that haven’t been fixed.

Oh how the might have fallen.

That’s really dissapointing news if it’s true, today I updated to latest version on Mac Pro (2012), seems to work fine, until I tried exporting a kit (preset) from benonistudio.com, when I export, the snares are missing, the kick drum only patially exports and there’s a host of problems with other kit pieces. BFD presets seem to export ok (only tried one so far). I will do more testinging tomorrow. I hope this is not going to be a common thing from now on…might have to ditch BFD, which would be really sad.

Heya, that message is because our demo packs functionality is currently broken. Once it’s fixed, it will disappear. Very sorry for the hassle. As you can see above, another team member has logged the issue and it is now with the developers.

2 Likes

Thanks Drew, are you saying that BFD 3 has always done this demo packs check-in and that it’s only become conspicuous now because it’s broken on the server side?

Yes, precisely. It scans the online server for available packs in order to update the list in the software.

1 Like

Thanks that’s useful and reassuring to know.

Try hitting the ‘tools’ button on the right hand side of the demo packs window, choose delete all demo packs from the drop down.

Please report back if this helps.

@JS1Music

Hi Drew I see your post was 13 days ago-has this problem been fixed yet or am I missing something? As Im still getting this problem.

There hasnt been a new version out yet, no updates to the LM or BFD itself so that would say no, not been fixed yet.

Im hoping every time one of these big bugs gets fixed, it prompts a new version?

I’d rather have to install multiple new versions in a month or even a week than have workflow killing bugs left until there is enough bug fixes to cause an update to come out.

@BFD_Drew Any update time lines we can be privvy too?

1 Like

Any updates on this? I have the same issues as people above–warning messages every single time in Ableton Live 11 (Windows 10). Have tried the suggestions above to no avail.

Neither of the remedies mentioned here - unchecking the ‘activate’ box or deleting the demo packs works. Something I did find that works if you keep your daw computer offline is to delete (this is on a Mac) the com.fxpansion.licensemanager.plist file in Mac HD/users/user/library/preferences Problem with that is if you go online you still get the error messages.

BFD should never have been sold to InMusic. At least under Roli things worked right.

1 Like

But Roli have gone bust, and updates were very thin on the ground with Roli.

I dont know where we’d be now if Roli still had BFD. I’ve a horrible feeling we’d have no software at all any more.

At least updates are now coming out regularly again, and development is happening again. The Roli years seem to have a largely working BFD because nothing was happening, it was just languishing as the last version.

All these lingering migration bugs will be fixed soon enough I hope.

2 Likes

Gotta be careful what I say, obviously. But you’re not far wrong. I’m very happy to be here at inMusic.

3 Likes

At least under Roli BFD still worked like it always did with none of this BS we’re going through. If the powers that be had actually dug into InMusic’s history they’d know it would be a mistake to go with them. Ask over on the DUC - the ProTools forum about inMusic and be prepared to get an earful about all that’s bad.

1 Like

Glad you’re happy because no one else is. This disaster has me back on BFD 3.3.x and even with that I still get these bleeping ’ no packs found…’ messages. Should not have happened. Makes this whole operation look Mickey Mouse.

2 Likes

Oh, I dunno about that :slight_smile:

There are plenty of threads on this board about bugs that have been squashed and installs that have been fixed with both the communities support and official BFD crew themselves.

I understand the frustration for sure, especially with bugs that stop work from happening, but bugs are getting squashed regularly, and keeping our eyes on the prize, BFD sounds better than just about anything other than an actual drummer.

Hopefully we’ll see a new beta sooner rather than later.

Does this error window pop up constantly or just a first BFD boot up?

EDIT: I guess what I’m saying is, I’d rather see BFD in develepment and a going concern in the marketplace to keep it alive, rather than no updates at all.

1 Like