This is a question regarding BFD3 tone.

I’m currently considering purchasing an expanded sound source for BFD3 in order to create the sound I’ve been pursuing for over 20 years.

I feel very sorry for attaching an external URL, but could you please introduce (advice) me about the extended sound source that has the closest tone to the URL shown below?

(Only the drum part was extracted from the song)

I have already contacted the agency in my country of residence (Japan), but I have not received a satisfactory answer.

As I said earlier, I hope that I can find the sound source that I have been pursuing for many years.

Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated. Please, please help me.

Thank you.

Have you tried the Gretsch Purple kit that’s in the BFD3 core library? I know one of those kits fits in well with pop stuff. If not, London Sessions should definitely have something tight that will work. I’m thinking the Pearl Masterworks kit might work? You can use the Envelope controls in BFD3 to really shape a sound and make it tighter as well. In your example, there’s obviously a gated verb on the snare, so that is something you will have to add to whatever kit you use.

2 Likes