Selling all Products at once for only one time fee

Hi there, is there a chance to sell all my BFD products without paying the 50 dollar fee per product ?
Best regards
Paul

Hi,

It needs confirmation but I think I bought BFD3 with 2 expansions for a unique transfer fee. Itā€™s the seller who paid so I donā€™t remember much but I paid 100 euros so why would he pay 50*3 euros of transfer feesā€¦ :wink:

Ah okā€¦that sounds good.
Thanks for the info.
Best regards
Paul

Would you by any chance have the Paiste and Zildjian expansions?

I have lots of expansions , this one of course too :wink:

It honestly didnt occur to me that I could sell this pain on to someone else who wont see it as pain at all, and theyā€™ll be happy. Thats an acceptable thing. This would be a vaguely acceptable outcome.

But I have to pay to get rid of the thing thats gonna stop working that I already paid for to be able to get any of that loss back?

If I decided to completely ditch BFD3 , it would be posted on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to a dog-charity , minus the Ā£50 severance payment.
Ā£100 seems a fair price. I incur no further expense , and the dogs get Ā£50 worth of Pedigree Chum.

2 Likes

How do you go about selling this? I have BFD3 plus over 20 expansions plus some grooves. Not sure what value it actually has, if any.

I would probably sell it cheap just to be rid of quickly and I would like to avoid paying multiple fees. Can i do this as one transaction with one fee? Who do i write too? Hopefully not that black hole bfd drums email.

1 Like

At a $50 transfer fee per expansion, youā€™ll wind up losing money. Users can pick up expansions on sale pretty regularly now. The exception being, any more rare 3rd party expansions from Platinum, DD, etc.

Is this confirmed that Ā£50 per expansion is the case?

My guess would have been that you are paying to transfer the account itself - regardless of itā€™s registrations and authorisations?

In my case , even BFD3 with the free Horsepower pack would not be worth selling under the terms you state. That canā€™t be right?

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro/s/article/BFD3-Frequently-Asked-Question

Scroll to the bottom.

1 Like

Thanks, FB, my webfu is misfiring today :slight_smile:

Do you allow license transfers?

Yes, however:

• If youā€™re the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If youā€™re the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
  • There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.
  • Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
  • We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.

Once a transfer is authorized and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.

There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.

BFD3 is the product.
Expansions reside in that productā€™s files.
Yet the expansions have their own serial number , for installation and verification purposes.
So more legal wrangling will ensue , if they try to charge me more than the ā€œFlatā€ Ā£50 fee for my entire InMusic repertoire.

Hereā€™s the really interesting bit Demboā€¦ā€¦

What kind of copy protection scheme is used?

This product features a challenge-response authorization system, with three installs on your own machines, allowed simultaneously.

• You do NOT need to have an internet connection on the computers on which it is installed.
  • You must, however, authorize the product before it can be used - there is no ā€˜grace periodā€™ after installation.
3 Likes

So the FAQ is blatantly a lie then.

Why is the BFD FAQ under Akai Pro? What a shoddy company inMusic are.

3 Likes