Quantum 2626 ASIO driver freezing BFD3 in standalone mode

I use a Presonus Quantum 2626 as my audio device. When I load BFD 3 in stand-alone mode, it defaults to Windows audio drivers. When I select Quantum ASIO in audio preferences the program freezes. I am unable to close program even in task manager. I have to restart computer. Any fix for this?

Please don’t quote me on this.

I use the quantum as well. I have no trouble with it at present.

The only trouble with my drivers (on Windows) is nearly every time I get a Windows update or a graphics card update (NVIDIA).

That being said. Ill try it again (bfd) in stand alone.

Up until this last update of bfd I couldn’t open the program at all.

Probably not much help.

Neil.

I have a Quantum, not the 2626 one, the original one. I don’t get this either. Which version of BFD3 are you using?

Do you have this problem on any other kind of standalone VST or just bfd3??
Asking because I think about getting me a 2626 for my live e-drumming.
Very bad if it crashes during a gig!!!
Does anyone out there have this problem with a mac? Maybe it’s a problem with the asio driver getting switched to the 2626? I’m not in the PC World so please be kind :upside_down_face:
Just some thoughts . . . . Are there other possible drivers than asio? So if there are . . . . Does your PC freeze when changing from them to 2626?
Did you try to set your PC to the 2626 before starting the standalone BFD3?
Perhaps my thoughts help . . . .

How did you connect your 2626??? Does your computer have a thunderbolt port or a usb-c port?
In another forum I found the information that you MUST have a thunderbolt port to connect the 2626.
It won’t work on an usb-c. Maybe that’s the reason your BFD freezes?!?!??!

Thanks everyone for your insight and efforts. I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 11 and had this same issue before doing so. I was using ASIO ForAll as the driver which worked ok, but a pain to have to load that and setup. I’m using the latest BFD 3 since I just reinstalled it. No problems using the Quantum 2626 with Addictive Drums and Groove Agent 5 as stand alone. No issues using BFD 3 within Cubase 12 or Studio One 6. I am connected using the onboard thunderbolt port. So Derilja yes you can use the ASIOFORALL driver. Thanks again all for the input!

It’s always a PITA when Interfaces ports/TECH etc are continuously changing.
I sill have a 20U filled with MOTU Firewire Interfaces and remember that even with the same connectors for the interfaces/sound cards,I had to watch for Chipsets.
I haven’t made the move to upgrade any of my systems to Thunderbolt…yet.
I don’t know if it will be of any help (Trouble shooting etc)…I figured it couldn’t hurt to have All the Thunderbolt info in one place for future reference.

Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 aren’t compatible with Thunderbolt 4… Thunderbolt 3 is.
Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 specifications will work with most Thunderbolt 3 PCs via an adapter, except Intel platforms launched in 2020 and later.

Thunderbolt FAQ’s

Difference Between 4 Types of Thunderbolt (1,2,3,4)

Thunderbolt vs USB-C (11 Key Differences)

PRESONUS
Quantum 2626 (Thunderbolt 3) customers that are having crashing issues on Windows 10 or 11, please make sure you are using Universal Control 4.1 (released April 18, 2023) or later with Windows 10 20H1 or Windows 11 22H2 or later.

Universal Control 4.1 (WIN)

Universal Control 4.1 (macOS)

*Installation note for macOS users

ASIO4ALL
ASIO4ALL is ancient…was mainly for laptops with crappy soundcards.
ASIO4ALL uses a low-level Windows audio API…Kernel Streaming (“DirectKS”, “WDM-KS”) to operate
There is another option available…

FlexASIO
FlexASIO is a ASIO wrapper…a pseudo ASIO device that can have inputs and output from different devices.
FlexASIO differentiates itself by using an intermediate library called PortAudio that itself supports a large number of operating system sound APIs, which includes Kernel Streaming and WASAPI (in shared and exclusive mode), but also the more mundane APIs MME and DirectSound.
FlexASIO can be used to interface with any sound API available on a Windows system. For more information, see the backends documentation.

FlexASIO, the flexible universal ASIO driver

FlexASIO FAQ’s

FlexASIO Configuration

FlexASIO Releases

There isn’t an official GUI…3rd party FlexASIO GUIs do exist:

flipswitchingmonkey’s FlexASIO GUI

Nam-K’s FlexASIO configuration helper

Room EQ Wizard

Giving it another shot thank you Chaser for encouraging me to do another attempt. Thank you for that info too. So I changed the Sample rate in BFD form the default 44.1 in BFD to match what I realized is set at default 48 on the Quantum before switching to Quantum ASIO in BFD and no crash and works now for me. I am able to switch buffer size on the Universal Control and it changes in BFD and just hit FINISH. Not going to touch the Refresh button. It does give me an error after I boot up BFD fresh that " No available sound drivers was found…Etc" - window but just ignore that and program works fine.