Q1 is over - any update on M1 native compatibility?

Because those of us with M1 Macs can’t run Logic native and have BFD function correctly under the Rosetta plugin interface, we’re waiting for either a fix to that or an M1 native version.

I’ve heard that Q1 2022 was the target for that.

All of my other plugins have been updated to native versions. Is there an update on BFD3?

1 Like

We had to shift priorities from M1 support over to improving the software unlock system - making it more robust and more reliable - and the next build addresses that, and a bunch of bugs within BFD3 itself. This will be going into beta within a week or two.

After that, there will be an experimental M1 build that will be released to the beta team, and we are also planning out VST3 support, but I don’t have any estimations on when that might be seen at the moment.

Things on my plate:

• Get some proper FAQ’s and Known Issues written up for the forum.
  • Start some developer blogs, so we can put out information in a more informal and quicker way.
  • Get the BFD3.4.4 build settled so that we can focus on our other products.
1 Like

Is there any chance the release addresses the bug that makes BFD3 unusable as a Rosetta plugin while Logic is running native? Can explain more if necessary. Also, official Monterey compatibility?

When you say “our other products”…?

1 Like

I too am very interested in this being addressed as quickly as possible. Without Rosetta, BFD just doesn’t work, and with Rosetta, it causes my sessions to crash. All my other main plugs are fine w/M1. BFD is a pretty major part of my workflow here. Thank you.

1 Like