No available sound driver in standalone

Whenever I start BFD3 in standalone I get an alert telling me that
“No available sound driver was found on my system. Sound output from this program will be disabled”

This happens even when I start BFD3 standalone firs thing tafter booting.

When I open the audio preferences it’s there, ASIO: Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO all inputs and outputs correct. this is such a pain!!!

yes
I to have this problem.No available sound driver was found. When I open the audio preferences it’s there, ASIO: Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO all inputs and outputs correct. I have a Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO Driver the UR 824

Just build a brand new PC with an external sound (Sound Blaster X3) card Cubase 12 Artist is working with no issues, however BFD stand alone is playing no sounds what so ever. All the settings were confirmed more times than I care to count and still no sound, I even checked everything in Windows which is pointed to my Audient Sono guitar interface which outputs to my studio monitors which is what I use inside Cubase 12 with no issues.

I just recently install BFD3 for the first time after running BFD2 on another system for the last decade. So I actually experienced this same behavior when you run BFD3 standalone. In my case, I boot up the machine and run BFD3 stand alone and typically that first time it just works normally without the alert. The next time and every time after it opens with the Alert: “No available sound driver was found on my system. Sound output from this program will be disabled”. Of course I tried two sound card interfaces and found the sound card was not causing it.

What I did find. I had the setting in BFD3 at load up to “Load Nothing” or something like that. It always displays the alert message when configured in this manner. However, I got it to stop producing the alert by telling BFD3 to load a preset when loaded up. Seems like a harmless bug but I would think it should be easy to fix too.