Newbie here. Looking some advice

Which OS are you using?

I am using Windows 10 and MacOS 12 (intel).

I started making music with Cakewalk pro audio 9 back in 1999. I didnā€™t want to spend more time learning software and fixing issues but thatā€™s computers for you.
Believe it or not, they have improved in that time. :blush:

I guess Iā€™m lucky in that my issues with the LM have relatively easy and quick to resolve.

I donā€™t just stick with BFD3 out of some fanboy loyalty, I do it because I donā€™t think much of the alternatives.

Steve

3 Likes

Iā€™m a newbie as well. I have no goals at this time of mixing anything. I just want to play the music I love and changing the drum sounds to match the band/music Iā€™m playing. Iā€™m not at all a professional musician/song writer/maker/whatever.

That being said, Iā€™m using a Millenium 850 that I bought myself for Christmas. The sounds of the drum module arenā€™t even good. I was able to get BFD3 for 49 on the black friday deal. Mapping the drums was easy as crap (thereā€™s a learn feature that makes it as easy as figuring out whatā€™s a rim shot and whatā€™s a hit). The sounds from the basic BFD has been great for me. Any OMG when I learned that I could change the tone of the ride cymbal, I canā€™t stop adjusting one way or another.

Donā€™t let ā€œbecause my kitā€™s not listedā€ as any kind of variable for the decision to buy. Just saying.

Thatā€™s exactly what i want to do, play the kit i want to, practice and play some covers and, if i Can, learn something about mixing.

I never knew BFD3 was 49 and i regret not buying it on black friday.

Actually, i always wanted BFD but 399 was too much for me.

Also, im already looking into buying dark farm expansion. In my opinion sounds amazing.

Donā€™t do it at any price. BFD never worked the whole two months Iā€™ve had it. Support is of no help either. Iā€™ve had EZ, Superior, and now Handy Drums. All up and running right out of the gate.

1 Like

It beggars belief that this is still a thing. BFD3 is sold on the basis that it only requires an internet connection to download content. Then - BING! - youā€™ve got to have your studio DAW online so it can re-authorise. Which was not in the T&Cs. On this basis alone (lying) I wouldnā€™t recommend anyone to purchase it. ā€˜If by some chance your computer hasnā€™t connected to the internetā€™? You mean - ā€˜If by design I donā€™t run AV or connect to the internetā€¦ā€™ Theyā€™re liars. It doesnā€™t matter how good your product is, if you lie to people to make sales, or are too disorganised to make everything clear then you should be avoided.

3 Likes

So, BFD needs your computer to be always Connected to internet?

Im always connected at home so i guess that would Not be a problem for me.

Sorry for my questions, i believe this one itā€™s a little bit different to the other vsti iā€™ve used.

Only regret something you have done. I regretfully bought it.

1 Like

I agree that they should update the system requirements on the product page and be absolutely clear. There is mention of the 90 day authorization timer, but it is buried in the FAQ and not easily seen.

Although itā€™s easy to blame inMusic for this mess, I think some of the blame probably should go to the BFD team when they inked this partnership. Iā€™m sure they mustā€™ve discussed what type of authorization scheme was going to be implemented beforehand. Maybe they just didnā€™t foresee how this could become a real problem and went with it. They needed a company to help keep their product alive and were just happy to have a lifeline.

1 Like

No, you donā€™t have to stay connected to the internet in order to use BFD3. You can work offline for up to 90 days once your products are authorized. There is an Offline mode under Tools in the file menu. If a user intends to work offline regularly, I suggest authorizing all of their content on the same day. That way, the 90-day timer is the same for all of your products.

1 Like

Is there any tutorial i can see to install and authorize when i download it?

Just Google how crappy the installation is, and if youā€™re lucky, maybe you can authorize it every 90 days.

1 Like
1 Like

Tutorials are under the BFD Knowledge Base

There is also a Live Chat support

"We offer live technical support chat right here on our knowledge base.
Click the chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to get started."

Chat Hours

Monday through Friday:

• 10:30am EST - 2:00pm EST
  • 2:30pm EST - 6:00pm EST
1 Like

Hey live chat support: where was Sam yesterday at 5:00 pm EST? No showā€¦he booked itā€¦

Bought it today and so, far, everything working Great.

I have to learn How to use the software because it has a lot of features.

I could play the grooves to check out the different kits and presets sounds. But i believe itā€™s because i dont know How to.

Sounds amazing, triggers really well, loud and clear. I didnā€™t have time to try it all but i really like it.

What makes a really difference for me is that, compared to other libraries i own the kicks trigger amazingly well.

I guess i will be asking a lot in the future about teaking instruments to my liking.

2 Likes

Cool Nacho. Glad everything went smoothly for you. You can check out these early BFD3 tutorial videos. Theyā€™ll clear up a few things for you. I can PM you some Groove3 BFD3 tutorial vids if you want. They will go into even more detail.

Great!

I just want to find if there is a learn function so i Can add mi pads to each instrument.

Yes, next to the ā€˜Grooveā€™ tab youā€™ll see ā€˜Autoā€™, click on that and hit the ā€˜Learnā€™ button.
At least I think thatā€™s where you do it. :thinking:

Steve