Migrating BFD3.5 to a new Win 11 computer

What I discovered today is that when migrating BFD3.5 to a new computer system, it doesn’t go well, maybe some of you have experienced this ? I’m in Cubase 15, and when I open an existing project it will not load BFD3.5 things automatically. The Presets, the Kits, the Keymaps, the Grooves, can all be copied over from an older Win 10 system . . . but what can’t be copied over is the Mixer settings and the Plugin ID !!

So, you have to point it to the new plugin ID and load the migrated Presets, Kits, Keymaps . . . but you lose any Cubase console mixer routing settings . . . easy enough to rebuild, but tedious.

That’s all fine enough, but what I struggle to believe is that the BFD3.5 mixer settings are not saved with the Full Preset . . . and there seems to be no way of exporting the mixer settings in BFD . . . only thing I see is the ability to export and reload each individual channel, not a Global mixer export . . . . REALLY ??, am I missing something. Hoping someone here has knowledge of this, any AI inquiries I do just confirm there is no way to copy/export the BFD3.5 mixer settings.

1 Like