License Manager Will Not Activate Licenses Again

I use BFD3 about once a month, and almost every time I open it I have deal with licensing. Here I am on Friday night, and I can’t play my kit because BFD3 is making me authorize again, and again it’s broken. When i click authorize, it says authorization successful, but then it refreshes the products and I’m still not authorized and BFD3 will not open. Please advise how I can use the product I paid for, and please make the super annoying licensing go away permanently. I should be able to work 100% offline.

1 Like

It helps us to help you if you give us details. Computer specs, OS, bfd build number and license manager number. Daw u r using

1 Like

Try logging out of ur account then log back in.

I tried log out/in, and tried rebooting after, same result. I’m running on Windows, it’s the latest version of License manager. I’m not even trying to open a DAW studio, just BFD3, and it fails saying that my licenses aren’t valid. So the license manager pops up, it asks to renew my products, i say yes, it shows “successful” with the green checkmark next to each, then it refreshes products and goes back to red unauthorized state.

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I tried everything under the sun, including re-installing, but nothing. Then the next day, everything was fine. Made no sense and it’s unacceptable. It’s like their servers are choosing people at random to f#ck with and then have a change of heart.

2 Likes

It may have to reup when someone is due up and has to authorize

And now I turn it on a few days later and it’s working, didn’t even need to refresh licenses.

I’m going through this pain now. Did it stay fixed?

I’m going through this pain now. Did it stay fixed?

No, I think it means their license server is down, you just have to keep trying until it’s back.

1 Like

The same thing has happened to me. Installed it and it worked in stand-alone. Then I open reaper in rosetta mode and now I’m on the eternal authorise loop and then I open BFD3 and it unauthorises. In music sent a reply asking me to log out and in on the licence manager, so i did and now i dont get a reply

Sorry to hear it, maybe someday BFD owners will take ownership and fix the licensing issue. This is ridiculous, it should be a one time thing not a recurring annoyance like it is currently.

2 Likes

it’s more than an “annoyance”, it’s significant liability for remote sessions.

1 Like

Dealing with this same issue. I’m at wits end. Good thing I’m not currently using/relying on BFD3 for active projects but do wish I could. Not until these issues are fixed. I’m uninstalling EVERYTHING and starting over since there’s minimal risk but it will mean a pause on everything else while I download and reinstall. I really hope reinstalling the last beta works.

1 Like

This continues to happen at the random inconvenient times. I can’t rely on this software at all. wtf bfd team?? seriously, no response, non-stop problems. BFD is solid but the greedy licensing model makes it useless.

1 Like