Is there a way to force the LM to check auths and reset 90 day period?

Question is in the title. I’ve searched the forum and looked in the LM manual. No mention.

I just want to top up to the full 90 days before disconnecting from internet for extended period.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @MidiSauce

You should be able to deauthorize all products then reauthorize them in the license manager to get them back up to 90 days

thanks,
Joe

Is there an easier (and less brutal) way, like a ‘refresh’ button?

Opening the LM acts like a refresh button.

__

1 Like

Opening the LM sometimes resets the auths back to 90 days, but sometimes doesn’t (obviously this is with internet connected). I also tried logging out and back in to my account. No change.

I can’t figure out what the rule is (or maybe it’s random). That’s why I was looking for some kind of quick ‘refresh’ button feature.

Everytime I open the LM — which I do every couple of weeks (if I don’t forget) — it resets all the authorizations. (Unless the InMusic servers are playing up, in which case I log out of my account and log back in, usually with good results.)
My resets are never for the full 90 days though, I don’t know why. Tried it again just now and I was granted 83 days. Sometimes it’s a few days more, sometimes a few days less, but never 90.

__

1 Like

It seems pretty random here!

Hey all

Just wanting to clear this up a little. So there are 2 situations in which licenses refreshes back up to 90 days:

1. The user deauths a license then reauths it
  2. The license is going to expire in less than 20 days. When the license manager is opened, the license should automatically refresh and go up to 90 days (assuming you are connected to the internet)

Thanks,
Joe

1 Like

Last night BFD refused to open with the message “BFD is disabled, no license found” (or words to that effect).

The LM showed no licenses for any of my products.

The last time I checked (a couple of days ago) I had about 32 days left on the license. I was planning to hook my studio mac up to the internet sometime before then (probably requiring physically taking it out of the studio to somewhere with internet).

Having BFD crap out on me with a month left on the license is very annoying. It’s annoying enough to have to connect to the internet (I have invested in BFD since v1 and upgraded to 3 out of necessity).

FWIW I am sensitive to wifi (it makes me really sick) and like many ‘electrohypersensitive’ people I try and live/ work as much ‘off grid’ as possible. I can just about deal with a 3 month license (obviously I have no choice) but it would be nice if the LM actually kept its word!

Anyway, I am taking steps to hook up my studio machine (unfortunately not a laptop so it’s not very portable) to the internet ASAP so I can get back to work.

To be fair, I realise I could hook my studio up to the internet and use ethernet (and disable wifi) but I have not done this yet for various reasons I won’t bore you with. However, my last studio was completely off grid and internet in the studio building was not a viable option at all. Just saying.

While I’m ranting about wireless I’ll just add (out of love for my fellow musos) that wifi/ wireless monitoring (wireless anything) is not just bad for you generally (in all sorts of ways) but is known to cause tinnitus. I myself get tinnitus when I’m around wifi for too long. I often hear musicians complain of tinnitus and they assume it’s from loud music (live venues etc) but it may well be because they are always in a wireless environment and use tons of wireless gear (particularly wireless in ear monitoring which is insane). Just a heads up. Wifi is currently being taken out of schools in many countries (France has banned it in elementary schools) because it is making the kids sick and / or unable to concentrate. Anyway I’m not supposed to be ranting about wifi…

Obviously I’d rather BFD did not require internet at all, but my rant is really about the LM disabling BFD out of the blue with a month still left on the clock. I don’t think it’s user error and I have not tweaked anything in the past month (OS upgrade etc).

End of rant :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has happened to me once or twice, with the disabling of my licenses when I had 80+ days remaining for the check. I get the feeling that in time (probably well into next year?), the current LM for BFD3 will be shelved for the upcoming inMusic one that will cover both BFD3 and Player expansions/products.

So I wouldn’t expect any groundbreaking improvements to the current LM, unless there is a new major kink.