Is it possible to download the installation files, then install on another computer?

Haven’t been able to find an answer. I’m getting a new computer and would like to have BFD (plus expansions, probably 100ish gb in downloads) ready to install when it arrives. Is it possible to download the files on a removable drive without installing BFD on one computer, then plug the drive into the new computer and install BFD without having to re-download? The second computer would be connected to the internet and I don’t mind if the first computer has to auth BFD to download the installation files.

Yes, that’s very easy to do.

I would advise only authorising them on your new computer as you’ll have wasted an authorisation for nothing.

You’ll obviously need to download the licence manager but you won’t need to install BFD3, or its expansion kits. Just move them over (with the licence manager) to your new computer when you’re ready and install everything there.

Steve

1 Like

Thanks. To make sure I understand, you can download the installation files without authorizing the product first?

Yes that’s right.

Steve

1 Like

A note for those finding this thread: It is possible to do what I wanted, however the license manager will freeze if the removable drive is not connected and thus it cannot find the folder specified for downloads. This may make your BFD3 unusable until you reconnect the drive and relaunch the license manager.

1 Like