Is BFD3 M1 working with Ventura?

I just bought an Apple Studio M1 and had to install all of my plugins from scratch only to realize that a bunch of them is not ready for Ventura.
Is BFD3 for M1 working with Ventura?

Thank you

it is not even compatible with Apple silicon. They announced a compatible release in April 2021 “coming within the next few months”, bit it never came. At the moment there seems to be a beta version but that was already stated a year ago. Quite a few longtime BFD fans have stopped believing in the company behind the product and gone elsewhere…

1 Like

If you PM @BFD_Drew he should be able to let you have the latest build which I believe is working very well with M1.

Steve

1 Like

Thank you Steve! How do I PM someone in here? I’m fairly new to this forum.

Ludwig

There are several people successfully using the BFD3 M1 Beta version already. Especially the latest build.

Ludwig

1 Like

does not work for me as I’m a Cubase user and would need VST3 whereas they just build a VST2 beta. I switched to Superior Drummer some month ago, so for me the wait is over…

2 Likes

I wish I’d known before purchasing it. Nope, it’s not even M1 compatible.

It is actually on the Main Page…you may have overlooked.
There is also a Promotional Discount that for existing users I have seen is often missed .

1 Like

Same here. They had long enough to sort out an M1 VST3, a shame but not the end of the world given how good Superior is now.

Superior drummer is indeed very good. The factory sounds plus the Al Schmidt Decades expansion got me completely covered soundwise. The groove editor is far superior to BFD3 with respect to functionality and the overall user interface experience is just great. Plus: everything installs and authorizes like a charm. Taking the experienced development cycles of the BFD development within the last years into account I would personally guess that it would take decades to bring BFD to an on par with Superior Drummer again. But this is very likely just theoretical because I’m personally convinced that inmusic would never invest such amounts of money…

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about Superior Drummer, but I’m sold to BFD since I started working with it in 2009. Now I just need to get it back on my Mac M1 system.

1 Like

Hey, I sent a pm to Drew 10 days ago and he sent me back the beta, which is working smoothly on M1 pro MBP, 12.6 (monterey not ventura), logic pro… You should give it a try.

I will try and PM drew as well as soon as I’m allowed to on the forum. I think Ventura should be fine, it’s just the M1

M3 is about to be born, bfd3 can’t support apple sillicon yet, it’s really helpless

Why are you spamming the forum with ill informed nonsense?

If the BFD M1 Beta will work with the M2 chip, what knowledge do you have that says it won’t work with the M3 chip?

Steve

so what? What about your M1 beta? Has it been used by us? I’m talking nonsense? I am a consumer, I can make a real evaluation of the products I buy, I can speak freely, and I can also mock your inaction. A team that can’t keep up with the times and insults customers? I don’t want to listen to your sweet words, you have made many users impatient. How many users have switched to other drum kits, including me. I have applied for the beta version several times, but I have not been able to use the beta version. How much time was wasted, it cannot be exchanged for money, do you understand? Isn’t it worth using your product for M1 users? We also handed over the real money to you, so don’t we have the right to use it? You have been developing for several years. I mock you as respect for you. How many people like me are angry at your inaction. The biggest regret in this life is spending money on bfd and handing it over to such an irresponsible company team as inmusic. Really shameful.

Firstly, it’s not MY M1 beta, I don’t work for BFD

Obviously you’re unaware of the M1 beta, that’s why I asked in my first response where you copy and pasted the same message in 2 other messages. It has been used by lots of users and and is working very well.

Again, I don’t work for BFD, I am a beta tester so you could say I work with them to some degree.

Why aren’t you able to use the M1 beta version and have you contacted support about it?

Steve

3 Likes