How can i get this flam sound like old BFD used to have? (example included)

Rail responded to my inquiry immediately. I went ahead and purchased the pack from him and got a serial number. Now I will try to get Drew to get me an updated serial so that I can hopefully manage it in the BFD License Manager.

1 Like

Thinking on about why flam isn’t so prevalent in other packs, I guess technically a flam isn’t actually an articulation.
I mean it’s not like centre hit, edge, rim or side stick.

It’s just two hits at slightly different velocities. :thinking:

Steve

1 Like

After further review of the term “flam”, I think it may not be the right word for what I was talking about. The full on double hit just sounds different than programming two single hits in quick succession. It’s hard to explain why. Think Foo Fighters’ song “hero” or the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit. I’m not sure what to call that.

It could be that on some of the older expansions the “flam” articulation is more like that and then on the BFD3 stuff the flams are more technical/jazzy.

My friend said he thinks it may have been the BFD Deluxe expansion pack but he isn’t sure. It doesn’t look like BFD offers it anymore but I do see some 3rd parties still sell it.

I just checked and both the Delux and XFL kits have flams for every snare but sadly neither of them are available any more. I wonder why. :thinking:

Listening to the first sample you posted it’s hard to tell if it’s a flam articulation or just a well programmed one. :thinking:

Steve

It is 100% the flam articulation. I still have the Cubase project with the MIDI.

1 Like

I believe you but if you didn’t know for a fact it was a flam you might not be able to tell the difference in a blind test. :upside_down_face:

Steve

Here all the El Dorado snares have flam.
Same with the Deluxe snares. I acquired both of these since it was BFD3.4.

My comment was a reference to the fact that both the Elderado & The Deluxe expansion has disappeared from the BFD Drums download page, nothing to do with their flam articulations,

I thought Elderado had been reinstated but just checked and it’s still gone AWOL.

Steve