[FUTURE FIX] BFD3 and expansions becoming de-authorized randomly

What are the dates on the files in the inmusic directory? It it’s working “right”, they should get to be exactly 30 days old, and then they’ll deauth.

If it’s not 30 days, then you’re dealing with some kind of a bug.

(not that anybody is super thrilled with “right”, but, whatever)

I think they may have lost the fight. I wouldn’t give them a penny more than they’ve had from me already. I’m so angry. When I bought BFD3 they told me I only needed to be online to download the software. Now I have be online whenever they decide. I have SSD, they don’t sound as good as the London Sessions, but this is f***ing ridiculous. I have lots of purchased software. NONE of it causes this hassle. Cracked version here I come.

1 Like

Will the ‘fixes’ include honouring the conditions of sale? i.e. only needing to be online to download the software?
Why are they doing this? Do they think it’s going to make life better for them>

This does not address the core issue which is that we should NOT be re-authorising every xx days according to some timetable set by you. The T&Cs clearly stated that being online to use the software was not a requirement. I have not seen any posts from you that directly address this. Just ‘we’re looking at it’ or ‘this is not intended behaviour’ without telling us what the intended behaviour is. We use our DAWs offline - for bloody good reasons - and ‘randomly’ losing drums in a session is beyond infuriating. I am raging about this, . It has caused such hassle. I get little enough time to work on sessions without wasting half of it on a frigging drum machine.

2 Likes

This has happened a number of times to me as well. Re-authorizing has gone smoothly for me, so far, so I haven’t been complaining.

1 Like

Happened again today…

Not sure if you saw it, but Drew posted this hot fix for the LM in another thread. Works fine so far, but can’t really say if it fixed anything or not.

https://forum.bfddrums.com/uploads/short-url/bPGlKmOEsZCVxtrM1bhf4b3fELD.dmg

Yeah I saw that, but it’s Mac only, correct? I’m on Win 10.

Good call. Wasn’t paying attention. Just PM Drew. Not sure why he didn’t post both platforms.