Disappointed with customer experience

After checking and listening online, BFD sounded like the best drum library of all for my needs, and when I saw that there was a trial for BFD Player to test it out I got really hyped.
Alas, it was only to get hit with a register/login as soon as the installer finished.
This is the worst possible type of DRM, and you’re putting it on something that’s supposed to be the bait to reel me in into buying your product. You know what? You can keep it, I’ll buy someone else’s.

Why bring it up? I could as well have silently ignored the software, but it’s our duty as customers to let companies know about our discontent with their practices.

The Majority of all FREE Software…BFD Drums (BFDPlayerInMusic Software Center)…Toontrack (10 Day Trials) …XLN Audio(Adictive Drums)…Steven Slate Digital (SSD5.5 FREE)…Bogren Digital/KRIMHSoundlab/ML DrumsRobin Leijon/Sparrowhawk… to name a few and the numerous FREE Kontakt Libraries available (require FREE Native Instruments Kontakt Player=Native ID)…

ALL require an account,have a Product/Software manager you must log into or require Billing Info and you have to Complete a Purchase for $0…ZERO Dollars)

“it’s our duty as customers to let companies know about our discontent with their practices.”

I provided links to all so you can add to your list

7 Likes

BFD player is a free download with core library included?

3 Likes

… and when I saw that there was a trial for BFD Player to test it out…

There’s your mistake. I, too, would be miffed if I were attempting to use trial software that required an account & registration. But BFD Player is not trial software. It’s free software (“free” as in beer!) that includes a large core library, and runs as fully usable software without limitations. It’s true that BFDDrums hopes you will like it enough to go on and purchase paid-for products. But it’s not the case that it is trial software. And to be fair to them, nowhere on the BFD Player page does the word “trial” appear, as far as I could tell with a quick search.

4 Likes

Thanks for the links I have every one of those and more, except toontracks and sparrow hawk.
I’ve only used them as a comparison a bunch of times and none come close to BFD3 imo.