De-install / Re-install

In the midst of all this I decided to delete BFD3 3.4.3.7 (drag to the trash) and reinstall it. Much to my chagrin it went poorly. At this time I am unable to re-install BFD3. I then figured maybe I should have used deinstall for the procedure. De-install is not available. It doesn’t respond.

Is there a way I can eliminate BFD3 along with prefs and other things to actually deinstall it manually?

Also, do I need also to trash all samples too and then re-download and install them with BFD3?

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini8,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 1715.81.2.0.0 (iBridge: 19.16.10744.0.0,0)
Serial Number (system): C07YH2QHJYW0
Hardware UUID: 7E8BF192-38B9-562B-9D11-123B90E04FC7
Provisioning UDID: 7E8BF192-38B9-562B-9D11-123B90E04FC7
Activation Lock Status: Disabled

HELP!

What helped me was to:

• go through both Library Folders and the Documents folder, and locate anything having to do with FXpansion, INmusic, or BFD, and moved it all to a temporary folder.
  • I did not delete the content.
  • Re- installed the latest BFD.
  • I did a manual Scan so that I could point it to each expansion pack. I did this one pack at a time, so that I could check to see if everything was there and scanned properly.
  • This worked out the best for me. Everything is authorized and I no longer get unexpected alerts.
  • I did have to reset all the prefs.
  • Once established I imported all my Presets from the temporary folder that I set up.
  • After a few weeks that I decided everything was working properly, I deleted the temporary folder.
1 Like

Thanks sunlending. I’ll give it a try.