Crash during Building list of items to scan

Hello,

When I launch BDF after the new update, BFD crash during the Building list of items to scan. I therefore cannot launch BFD. Is it a way to solve this ?

Best regards,
Mathias

Hi Damath

How long did you leave it to scan for and do you have just the core library or lots of expansion kits and grooves?

It can take quite a while and when I first installed it I forced it to close a few times as I didn’t have the patience.

If you’re running the latest build it’s supposed to be much quicker now according to the release note but maybe not. I have a lot of grooves in one single folder and it still hangs when scanning them so I have to go through the 20 or so folders one at a time.

Steve

Hi,

I have a lot of expansion. It seems to crash when scanning BFD 2 third paries expansion (sonic reality / platinums amples) expansions.

I do not care letting the scan for a long time but it crashes.

Mathias

This happens for me on Mac (Catalina) but not on PC (Win 10 1909).

Thanks, but I am on Mac only.

Yep, when I scan el Dorado it just freezes up and never completes the scan. I have to FORCE QUIT BFD

I’m having the same issue. I’m on a Mac running the latest OS of Catalina. When I launch BFD it goes to the scanning page and after a few seconds it crashes. I then get the Problem Report for BFD3 that says BFD3 quit unexpectedly. Is there a way to remove the content path locations without BFD running so I can see if the program will launch without the content location? It was working ok before I installed the latest update. Any help is appreciated.

Bob