Could not connect to the news and demo server

Hi,

I’ve just reinstalled bfd3 on windows11 and everythings worked well.

But when I want to go and downlaod my packs, or just to check the demo packs, I can’t connect to the server.

I have this message:
Error: Failed to connect to api.fxpansion.com port 80: Connection refused

Thank you very much for your help.

Did you know about the BFD3 migration to inmusicbrands and if so was there any reason for staying?

It might be the the fxpansion licencing system is no more or it might just be temporarilly down.

At some point though, the server will cease and you will have to go through the migration process.
It was a rocky road to begin with but it’s a lot smoother now.

Steve

Thank you for your message.

It’s not clear for me. I went on the fxpansion website and I donwloaded everything for the installation. Nowhere they said I shouldn’t do that.

After reading your message I went on the bfd website and I saw that I could also do the installation from there with a licence manager.

What should I do ? Uninstall everything on my computer (bfd3, core, licence manager), and do the whole process again but from the bfddrum website ?

thank you very much for the clarifications.

So I uninstalled bfd3.
I created a user account with inmusic.
I installed the new licence manager (which looks like the old one).

But now when I enter my Serial number, I’ve got this message:
Serial number failed validation, please check you have typed it correctly

I checked …

Still a rocky road. Any suggestion ?

It’s been so long I can’t remember for sure but I think you might need a new serial.

If you are able to PM @BFD_Drew or @Rayne hopefully they’ll be able to sort you out and get you up and running. Also, if you previously had BFD1 or BFD2 then they have been repacked under the names, Elderado and London session. These are free to previous owners and new serials will e given for those too.
I think there are new installers for almost all the old FXpansion stuff with new serials.

Good luck and remember there are plenty of people here who can help out.

Steve

Thank you very much for your help.

It was very easy, once I had all the informations (I chated with the support). I’m surprised that it’s not more crystal clear on either website.

Anyway, if someone has the same problem, all the informations are here:

2 Likes

Good to see you’re all sorted.

Just in case you don’t know, there is currently a licensing system in place that requires you to refresh your licences every 90 days.
This isn’t mentioned in the system requirements and definitely should be.

It doesn’t mean you have to be on line for 90 days (regardless of what some people will tell you) but you will need to be able to access the internet every 3 months to refresh our licences.

It’s a very quick process and they are often refreshed automatically with updates.

For most people it’s working okay now after a lot of problems with the LM but some on here seem to be having endless issues with it.

It dopes raise the question of what happens if you can’t access the internet for any reason as there is no way to authorise it off line.

Just thought I’d let you know in advance.

Steve

thank you very much for your precisions. For now I have no problem with internet. So everything should go fine !

2 Likes

Seeing a post like this, with a quick resolution and a new user getting up and running with too much headache, is nice to see.

2 Likes