Cannot authorize BFD3 expansions

Hi,
I just re-installed BFD3 on a new computer. Works fine. I only downloaded the core library again (which seems to be necessary). I did not download the expansions since these were already on my computer. BFD recognizes these expansions but tells me to authorize.

The licence manager does not automatically get the serials from the inMusic website. When I try the enter the serial manually, as requested, it is not regonized.

What to do? Thanks.

Couple of things, are you on the latest version of the LM?
It should be v 3.0.6.22.

You could try logging out, closing the LM and then logging in via your browser.

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Thanks so much…I didn’t see the login via browser. Turned out that I had an old license manager. I downloaded the new one from the inmusic site. Then started the LM, logged in via browsers, and all expansions got authorized.
A

1 Like

Yes, “FX License Manager” is the old one. The new one is “BFD License Manager” and should be used by all customers from now on.

Hi Drew, I am new to this forum, but not to BFD… I have owned the program for well over 15 years, I believe. I own Eldorado, Jazz&Funk, London Sessions, Marching Drums, Oak Custom, Percussion, London 70’s, Signature Snares 1&2, Virtually Erskine Grooves, Wooden Snares On and Off, Bill Cobham Kit, and Orchestral. So I am a dedicated user. I just bought the latest mac and am trying to get BFD up and running, but I am having no luck. I’m sure part of the problem is that I am running an Apple M2 Ultra on Ventura 13.6.3. Do you have any betaware that will help me get running?

Have you already migrated your account from Fxpansion? Did you download the License Manager from the BFD Drums website. AFAIK, the latest BFD3 is compatible with Apple Silicon Macs, running natively for VST/AU, but Rosetta mode for AAX.

I’ve been using BFD3 continuously since the early nineties(I think). Just changed computers to an M2 and a new operating system-Ventura…It worked for a few days, then stopped working. I’ve tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling, I can’t get the main program to run. It crashes immediately.Some of my aax BFD settings seem to be working in a file that already exists, but they don’t load right if I create a new track. i can send you the crash report if it means anything to you.
I have at least 10 expansion packs and I have used this program for years successfully. Thanks for your help!!

marty

What is your BFD3 build version? You didn’t clarify if you have already migrated your old Fxpansion account to inMusic.

Sorry- I meant to say that I had migrated from expansion quite some time ago. the version is 3.4.5, which I just downloaded yesterday again.

Ah, good. No problem. So you are having issues with standalone, plugins, or both? Which DAW and version of it are you using? I’m just trying to get you to elaborate on your issues in more detail, so others here may know what to suggest.

yes, thank you… Protools Version 2023.12.0, running on an Apple M2 Ultra chip on OS Ventura 13.6.3. having problems with both, but the main BFD3 standalone program does a hard crash after about 2 seconds.