BFD3 Plugin Not Showing Sonoma 14

Hello, I recently got a Mac and accidentally updated to Sonoma 14 OSX. I can’t see my bfd3 plugins in protools, however, the stand alone version works, and my other plugins work, so I’m doubting its user error.

Has anyone had experience with this? Is bfd3 not supported on current protools version and sonoma14?

I have a MacBook Air m1 2020 16g memory

BFD3.4.5.28 Release Notes

Overview

This builds adds native support for Apple computers with M1 Apple Silicon (VST/AU).
Pro Tools AAX is not currently supported and still requires Rosetta.
Cubase12 requires Rosetta currently also, given that in M1 Native mode Steinberg have chosen to not support VST2.

The AAX and VST3 support are on our roadmap.

Additions

The VCA Comp now includes some presets.
There is now a dirty state indicator included in the preset name bar.

Bug fixes

Crash when deleting favourites lists.
Fixed hihat pedal and splash processing.
Crash on startup when some preference entries are very long.
Minor tool-tip fix to groove editor tools.

Known issues & Limitations

Native support for M1 Apple Silicon in Pro Tools is not yet implemented.
VST2 plugin will not be found by Cubase when Cubase is run in Apple Silicon mode.

Please download BFD3.4.5 via the BFD License Manager application. Please ensure you are using the latest version.

"AAX native is on the cards, but it isn’t something we are actively looking at this moment. We’ve got a lot of things on. AAX work beginning in 2024.

BFD3 will work with everything on M1 right now except PT and Cubase 12"

I have read all this, but some of it didn’t make sense, so that’s why I came here with the question.

It looks like it’s not compatible though? Will downgrading to Ventura solve this issue?

Short answer…No…only VST/AU
It does not matter what OS…Native support for M1 Apple Silicon in Pro Tools is not yet implemented.

"Native support for Apple computers with M1 Apple Silicon (VST/AU).
Pro Tools AAX is not currently supported and still requires Rosetta."

Well thank you for your help!

I am brand new to mac, so apologies for being a bit in the dark.

There is actually an option to run the program in rosetta, and I checked that box. It seems like it is running bfd3 now no problem, even with the sonoma 14

As far as Software goes…you should always check with the Developer to make sure it’s supported before updating OS or in the case of Apple…New Systems…Intel Macs were phased out this year (2023).
Apple launched macOS Sonoma on September 26, 2023 so there are a lot of Developers that are still testing their products.

Sweetwater lists a number of Software Compatibility Guides per OS etc that are constantly updated

macOS Sonoma Compatibility Guide

I’ve had the same problem. Having recently bought a new Mac Studio, I didn’t opt to upgrade my OS; it simply came with Sonoma 14. My DAW of choice is Cubase. Despite my BFD3 working perfectly as a standalone, the plugin just doesn’t appear within Cubase. However, it does appear when I launch Cubase with Rosetta. For me, that is not a practical solution for my work. It’s such a shame. I’ve invested in this product from day 1 (quite some years ago) and absolutely love the quality of sounds but why they have missed the boat with native support for M2 processors, is beyond me. I’m sure that I’m not the only person with a new Mac Studio that would love to continue working with BFD3 but can’t. So disappointing.