BFD3 has been disabled because You are not logged into your inMusic account

In no way is this me being confused, or, frankly, that stupid.
No more, I am out.

ā€œIt seems that with Cubase does not work if License Manager version is 3.0.5.3.ā€
This tracks: I just changed it (not knowing thereā€™s a bug in the BFD installer that changes LM), and now Nuendo 11 will not deal. Before with, one supposes that 05.2, the standalone wouldnā€™t, nor would VE Pro. Now VE Pro will deal.

I donā€™t need but one of them to work so Iā€™m not going to waste any more time with this buggy crap. It cost me 4 hours of my life today, repeating hundreds of steps, just thru wanting a standalone to work, for clear reasons, but it breaks the other half of itself.

Oh well, itā€™s unsupported.

Iā€™m exactly at the same point.
licence manager doesnā€™t see any BFD3 version installed but itā€™s authorized.

Hi Drew

• no itā€™s all the new bfd software 3.4.3 build 7 and LM 3.0.5.3
  • I followed the instructions I found from one of your posts to uninstall and delete all corresponding files (fxpansion as well as bfd new)
  • what is the official and current state about 3.0.5.3 against 3.0.5.2 with cubase/nuendo and what is the current solution to fix the ā€œdisabled because your not logged into ā€¦ā€ solution please?

Today I started my workstation. Opened LM, logged into my account and reauthorzied my bfd licenses BEFORE I started nuendo 11. Then opened nuendo with a project that contains the bfd3 plugin and it loaded just fine. 3 1/2 hours later I return from lunch and the same project file doesnā€™t open BFD3 correctly with ā€œdisabled becauseā€ ā€¦ you know it :frowning:

whatā€™s going on here? Any help and FIX is much appreciated!

EDIT: I forgot to mention above ā€¦ searching my hard drive c: including all system and hidden files thereā€™s no filename or folder containing fxpansion anymore

Cheers:) This worked.

1 Like

Have you tried doing a search for any BFD3.dll files?
Perhaps Nuendo is referencing an older file somewhere or there is more than one. :thinking:

I read about this happenning in another post and I think they replaced it with a newer .dll file that fixed it for them,

Steve

OS12.3, 2nd gen M1 MBP.
Iā€™ve reproduced this more than once: Nuendo allows connection thru the .2 version, but it tends to make you do it again the next launch. This is a good way to lose changes, and here itā€™s meant the preset I saved is empty now. This version does not allow the standalone to connect properly to the auth server.

.3 works in VE Pro, and so far a next day scenario has not meant re-logging into inMusic server. Same in the standalone.
I did not revert from the LM .3 to .2 myself, but apparently itā€™s part of the BFD3.4.37 installer to install it.

Hi Steve, yes Iā€˜ve searched all of my drives. Thereā€˜s only one bfd.dll on my workstation and itā€™s the current version.

I also wrote an email to the bfd support. Unfortunately no response so far :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m now getting the infamous ā€œBFD3 has been disabledā€ message every time I launch BFD3, as a standalone or as a plugin under ProTools. In standalone, Iā€™m able to log in via the browser and correct the issue. As a plugin, it remains disabled after I do this.

Iā€™ve been solid up until this point, but I havenā€™t used BFD in a while.

LM 3.0.5.3, BFD 3.4.3.7, MacOS 12.3.1 Monterey on Intel.

@BFD_Drew

1 Like

I just got deauthorized from BFD3. I checked yesterday and all my content had 80 days or so left. The only thing Iā€™ve touched on my Mac is leaving it unplugged for a few hours and I just deleted some things that have zero to do with BFD3. I also swapped an HDD with another one, but again has nothing to do with BFD3.

Re-authorizing went fine, but this shouldnā€™t be happening still. I play by the rules and am online all the time. If it was an HDD change that has no affiliation with BFD3 (not OS, or sample library related) that triggered this (which I doubt), then this is not acceptable and needs to be addressed.

2 Likes