BFD3 has been disabled because You are not logged into your inMusic account

Yes.

Those instructions are vague. So I manually logged out of the LM. Closed BFD3 (with its error message and not useable). Closed LM. Closed my browser (Safari). Opened Safari. Logged into inMusic. Launched BFD3 and it opened immediately with the error message.

1 Like

Hmm, possibly the fact that BFD3 was running might have effected it somehow.

I would boot up your computer and just run the LM, there’s no need to launch BFD3.
Then log out of your LM manually and close it.

Now open your browser and log in to your account. Close your browser and open the LM again and you should be logged in.

I don’t see how that’s vague unless that’s not what you read. :thinking:

Steve

Thanks Steve… I’ve done exactly that many times… I just got a different version of the LM from inMusic to try… I’ll let you know how it goes

1 Like

So it seems everybody has the same issue… Support isn’t answering to my mails since weeks. So is there any possibility to fix this?

I logged in and out 1000 times, reinstalled it… not working.

Is BFD working on this issue?
Nobody in support is answering…
This so frustrating and very unprofessional!

1 Like

Have you tried the method I posted just above?

It seems only a handful of people are still having this issue and a lot of those hadn’t updated to the new licence manager.

You should be using version 3.0.5.3 of the licence manager which you can find here.

https://www.bfddrums.com/downloads.html

Steve
Steve

I believe updating to the latest BFD3 build reverts the LM back to 3.0.5.2. You need to Install the latest LM 3.0.5.3 afterwards, as Steve suggested.

2 Likes

Hey, thank you very much for your reply. I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything new. Now it works as stand alone, but if I open it in Logic, it can’t find any Kits or other content. In Stand alone it works fine. Support didn’t answer to my reply, so I hope you guys have a quicker solution. Thanks and all the best, Daniel

In stand alone, it works fine:

same problem here. works in standalone, nothing in logic or studio one. any ideas ?

there’s a 500 error un the support inquiry.
it’s a chance that I could find their mail address in this topic.
anybody kind enough to sen me a link to the previous regular version ?

Hi I’m experiencing the same problem (dissabled because not logged in) for several weeks now hitting rock bottom today as the inmusic website is down. Cannot work on a clients mix today without drums :frowning:

• I had this issue with 3.4.3.7 & 3.0.5.2 (reverted from .3 after installing BFD3 through LM)
  • again after following Drew’s info about deinstalling, deleting all BFD related files manually and reinstalling LM + BFD3
  • again after going through the same procedure one more time + installing LM 3.0.5.3 afterwards (which is my current state now)

My authorizations had to be cleared earlier this month through the inmusic support too. Maybe this gives a hint what’s going wrong here. I didn’t change my workstation or any component of it since 2016, second (and only other) computer I use is a macbook from 2019.

My feeling is that it tends to happen when I open an “old” session with BFD already on it. But honestly these are the project files I have to work with anyway (about 20 projects ranging from nov 21 up to now). So there’s no chance to sit back for a few days and see whether or not the problem re-occurs.

1 Like

forget it
forget it some more
is that enough for a post

1 Like

forget it
forget it some more
is that enough for a post

Are/were they differing versions of BFD3? Maybe FXpansion standalone and inMusic plugin? You can tell usually by the different brand logos when you’re running the plugin.

In no way is this me being confused, or, frankly, that stupid.
No more, I am out.

“It seems that with Cubase does not work if License Manager version is 3.0.5.3.”
This tracks: I just changed it (not knowing there’s a bug in the BFD installer that changes LM), and now Nuendo 11 will not deal. Before with, one supposes that 05.2, the standalone wouldn’t, nor would VE Pro. Now VE Pro will deal.

I don’t need but one of them to work so I’m not going to waste any more time with this buggy crap. It cost me 4 hours of my life today, repeating hundreds of steps, just thru wanting a standalone to work, for clear reasons, but it breaks the other half of itself.

Oh well, it’s unsupported.

I’m exactly at the same point.
licence manager doesn’t see any BFD3 version installed but it’s authorized.

Hi Drew

• no it’s all the new bfd software 3.4.3 build 7 and LM 3.0.5.3
  • I followed the instructions I found from one of your posts to uninstall and delete all corresponding files (fxpansion as well as bfd new)
  • what is the official and current state about 3.0.5.3 against 3.0.5.2 with cubase/nuendo and what is the current solution to fix the “disabled because your not logged into …” solution please?

Today I started my workstation. Opened LM, logged into my account and reauthorzied my bfd licenses BEFORE I started nuendo 11. Then opened nuendo with a project that contains the bfd3 plugin and it loaded just fine. 3 1/2 hours later I return from lunch and the same project file doesn’t open BFD3 correctly with “disabled because” … you know it :frowning:

what’s going on here? Any help and FIX is much appreciated!

EDIT: I forgot to mention above … searching my hard drive c: including all system and hidden files there’s no filename or folder containing fxpansion anymore

Cheers:) This worked.

1 Like

Have you tried doing a search for any BFD3.dll files?
Perhaps Nuendo is referencing an older file somewhere or there is more than one. :thinking:

I read about this happenning in another post and I think they replaced it with a newer .dll file that fixed it for them,

Steve