BFD3 broken after 3.4.1-update

I understood 3.4.2 will solve this. So there will be no more need to stay connected and hopefully there will be no need to ‘refresh’ licenses periodically.

1 Like

Offline working fine here with the new beta. Hopefully it’ll be out soon enough.

2 Likes

Anyone know if 3.4.2 can be directly installed after 3.3, or you will need to install earlier 3.4 versions first? On one machine I had to go back to 3.3.

In theory I wouldn’t see any reason why you would have to do it sequentially.
It’s always been the case in the past that you could bypass builds without issue and I think that would probably still be the case. :thinking:

I could be wrong of course. :wink:

Steve

I can’t say for sure, but the ‘updates’ and the original software are all the same size. Typically, they don’t really do software updates, but just re-install the whole package. But I don’t work for BFD, and I haven’t tested it, so I can’t speak authoritatively on that. I can say that requiring you to go back would be different than how it’s been done in the past.

How to get this build? On Mac the latest version shown is 3.4.1 build 11. At least when the license manager was working 2 days ago

donno on windows, in fact mac version tops out at 1.11. There are people talking about beta testing a .2 on windows here.

Ok, thanks Civilization3.

Next version hitting public release either Monday or Tuesday.

You can install right over the top, as long as License Manager and BFD3 itself are both closed.

5 Likes

That’s good news, but odd that you can’t install with the LM open since there is the launch/play button to start the install in the download tab.

The install button just runs the package installer. So maybe the package installer should check to see if LM is open already, and require it to quit.

1 Like