BFD3 broken after 3.4.1-update

Yeah, the things I’m using have 9. 10 cymbals, too much of that and the polyphony has to be high. I’d prefer seeing higher than that max.

I don’t really remember touching max voices before. If I have, it was years ago.

I bumped it up to 1024 and have been abusing BFD by jaming kit on top of kit, playing grooves while bending the master Dyn, lowering buffers, etc. I haven’t been able to get it to fail. So, maybe the voices was just overridden, and maybe I fixed it with a preset or something on 3.4.0, but it got bumped back on 3.4.1? Dunno.

Keeping my fingers crossed that that’s it.

OTOH, still plenty of digital grit in standalone. Not a big deal. I can just run it in GigPerformer or Bluecat, where I’m not seeing the issue.

Yeah, for me it has to be one of the reinstallations at 3.4 resetting that preference, because I’ve been using cymbals like a nut for some time and it will have shown. I don’t remember Max Voices particularly either, but it was my first thought, I bet polyphony however they’ve named it is the culprit.

Hi, I contacted InMusicBrands support and they kindly replied with the solution for this. I created an account in this forum only to post this as I tried to find a solution and it was not here. Below is their reply that solved the issue:

This is due to the License Manager not being automatically closed by the update installer. Please run the update again but be sure to close License Manager before you run the installer. Please see:

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/BFDHelp/s/article/BFD3-BFD-3-4-1-11-Installation-Trouble

And it worked just fine for me.
Cheers,
Intini

3 Likes

I contacted also support and they provided the same advice to me. But that solved the problem only for the standalone version (online and offline) not the plugin version. The VST plugin (offline) can‘t see the authorization.

It looks like the off line thing has now been fixed in the soon to be released 3.4.2.

Steve

2 Likes

Good news. I‘m happy to test the new version :slight_smile:

3.4.11 works offline under Catalina OS, with no keychain item to dismiss.

Indeed I tried the standalone. But now I tried version 3.4.1 built 11 64-bit (x64) of the VST2 and it works ONLINE ONLY for me as well. Hopefully version 3.4.2 will fix it this by allowing a license refresh of 30 days or so, similar to iLok.

iLok doesn’t require a 30 day refresh. Unless you have subscribed to the ZDT insurance. If you haven’t , you can run it forever offline. Don’t forget that the BFD3 system requirements said nothing about having to be online at all apart from an initial authorisation. This is a change to the contract after you have agreed to it. Don’t let the bastards shaft you.

The new update to 3.4.2 is working fine off line now and should available to download soon.

As for the future, ‘periodical log ins’ nothing has been decided yet so it’s just speculation.

I think we’re all against it though.

Steve

3 Likes

Thanks Steve. Good news for everyone having trouble. Do you know if there is a new rev of the License Manager as well? Seems like a number of people’s problems are tied to it.

1 Like

Yes I think it is, the version I have now is 3.0.2.2

Steve

1 Like

I use ZDT as my iLok is too full and I am too scared of loosing my licenses - an unfair game for sure.
But you are absolutely right and I can completely understand your frustration. I too am frustrated with this.

I use ZDT too. This is through choice though, they don’t force me to, and I can let it connect home on a different PC.

Same here. 3.4.2 fires up with WiFi off, loads expansion kits, and so far behaves just as I would like. Will continue to abuse it, but it looks really good so far.

Also, the digital grit I reported above went away on it’s own, before the update. Nobody else is reporting it, so I’m going to chalk it up to system wierdage on my part for now. Which is, this kind of thing sometimes happens.

2 Likes

I understood 3.4.2 will solve this. So there will be no more need to stay connected and hopefully there will be no need to ‘refresh’ licenses periodically.

1 Like

Offline working fine here with the new beta. Hopefully it’ll be out soon enough.

2 Likes

Anyone know if 3.4.2 can be directly installed after 3.3, or you will need to install earlier 3.4 versions first? On one machine I had to go back to 3.3.

In theory I wouldn’t see any reason why you would have to do it sequentially.
It’s always been the case in the past that you could bypass builds without issue and I think that would probably still be the case. :thinking:

I could be wrong of course. :wink:

Steve