BFD3 audio card needs (amateour)

Hello everyone,
I’m an amateur musician (bassist) and together with some friends we are going to record some of our old glories. I have BFD2 since many years and now purchased BFD3. Our drummer is writing the parts using the groove editor.
My question is about the hardware needed to run with Cakewalk (because is Free) or in parallel with a another digital multitrack.
When I start BFD3 everything else from my pc audio is not working anymore. I got a device error even using windows media player for a playback.
PC is quite recent Gaming PC with integrated Realtek audio.
I’m using ASIO4ALL driver to make BFD output, else won’t work.
Do I need professional audio card to be able to playback BFD3 live together with some audio tracks in Cakewalk?
Thank you!

Hi mafbass,

You do not need a pro card for BFD and Cakewalk to work together, although it is strongly suggested. However, I would not bother with ASIO4ALL. You would be better off using the WASPI driver mode in Cakewalk. I do this myself (with an internal sound card on a laptop), even though BFD will not work unless you are using ASIO in standalone mode, it will work if used as a plugin in Cakewalk without an ASIO driver. (Just make sure you are online for BFD to authorize and work.)

Let me know if you have any difficulty using BFD in Cakewalk and I will try to help.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

1 Like

Hi mate, thank you for your feedback.
Well, if I set the waspi driver under preferences in cakewalk I just have 1 device which is the Nvidia audio going out of the HDMI to my screen. I’m wondering if there is anything I need to install (driver). I’m going to look around…

I made it work! :smiley:
I got a some visual delay and stuttering in BFD3 but the audio is ok and I can more or less follow the part to make modifications while listening to some parts :smiley:
WIll not become a professional but I think it’s enough for our needs :love_you_gesture:

Right on! Glad you got it worked out.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker