BFD3.4.0.24 - Bug Reports

For new purchasers, it probably should be.

This is what I meant about getting out in front of this.

1 Like

Here’s a crash report from Logic X loading and crashing because BFD2 is present in the project being loaded. This NEVER happened BEFORE BFD3 was installed. This HAS to be BFD3, some how. I don’t know if it’s the authorization server stuff or what. A second load is fine. The INCONSISTENCY of this makes me think it is some kind of unnecessary crap, like DRM, rather than a corrupt installation of any files on my end.

bfd2_crashes_logic_x_when_bfd3_is_Installed.txt (604.2 KB)

Kit rotation bug seems fixed.

Thank you for your feeback, i work in IT since 20 years so i know that. My Phenom support SSE2 to SSE4A. This last version support 4 of the 47 instruction of SSE4.1.
Anyway I am against the programmed osolescence and I do not see why I should update my hardware when this one allows me latencies of 2ms with the previous version.

1 Like

Hello Drew, any news on this feature ? I have installed the last version and now i have access to audio and midi option but there is no option for olders machines. I have more than 1 000€ products to use :wink:

I understand and I agree with you on planned obsolescence. I just interpreted your message to mean you didn’t understand about the instruction set issue and was trying to explain.
Cheers

1 Like

Heya, sorry for the slow reply. Yes our developers are aware of this as I forwarded it to them. They’re going to implement a flag but I don’t know when. It will feature in the release notes for a future version. Hopefully soon!

1 Like

I think I just found a bug, and a solution, if anyone is experiencing this…

My Zoom ASIO driver latency was at its maximum setting and it was causing BFD to crash Reaper to the desktop every time I changed kit.

This crash doesnt seem to occur at lower (but still high) sample settings/latency. Settings over around 2048 samples causes crashes to desktop to start while loading kits/changing kit.

Below that latency setting and the crashes arent occurring…

Just in case it helps anyone, I thought I’d post it.

1 Like

As pointed out in this thread (Bug: BFDLACtool not found - wrong path - #3 by Steve63) by @SF_Green, the BFDLAC tool isn’t working when you run it from BFD3.

I found the folder for it at, C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFDLACTool and moved it to where BFD was trying to find it, C:\Program Files (x86)\BFD Drums. Opened BFD3 and it now works as it should.

Steve

I’ve noticed a bug in the Mixer with compressor gain reduction needles not moving. It happens when you’re on say the Kit view, or Groove editor and you go to the Effects/channel page. If you’re selected on a channel with a compressor, the needle doesn’t move/animate. You can easily resolve this by clicking on another channel and then back to the one with a compressor and the gain reduction needle behaves normally.

This has been a thing with all the BFD Drums versions, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a long-standing bug from the FXpansion days.

PC only. Fine on Mac.

1 Like

I’ve done some more looking into the snare mic channel bug this evening and the problem seems to be the mixer not updating when you change snares.

I started by loading just a snare from the Big Orchestral & Marching Band, the snares in that expansion only have top, bottom and direct mic channels I went through loading a number of snares with just 3 mic channels until I got to one of the Japanese Taiko Percussion snares, they have one bottom mic, and 3 top mic channels along with the direct mic channel.

So far all is as it should be but when I reloaded one of the B.O.M.B snares I find I now have 4 mic channels, 3 top mic, one direct mic and no bottom mic, previously I had one bottom, one top and one direct mic.

It’s also doing it with kick and probably other kit pieces too so definitely a bug in there somewhere.

Steve

BFD3.4.0.24 sucks. It is a bug

The content scanner that I thought have been improved seems to be as bad if not worse than before now.

I just added some new presets and hit the, ‘Scan User Contents’ button and absolutely nothing happens.
No spinning wheel, no status bar to,indicate progress but when I tried to close BFD3 I got the, ‘Waiting For Job To Cancel’ :roll_eyes:

Steve

Just to add to this, I tried to import my presets rather than move them and rescan.

It seems the problem may be in the converting from BFD2 format to BFD3.
BFD3 says it is converting files and has been stuck on 50% for 2 or 3 minutes so far.
It went from 0% to 50% in a second and then choked.

Steve

Latest update. Kit pieces not loading fully or the loading progress bar never completes.
BFD3 and some expansions randomly de-authorizing and needing re-authorized in the license manager.
Loading projects with BFD3 in them, and BFD is empty with no kit pieces loaded.

1 Like

Drew fixed me, I feel better

3 Likes

When rescanning all Data Paths BFD3 would say it is in the process of rescanning but it was actually not completing any of the paths and was hanging. I had to force shut down of the DAW (Luna) and when I reopened it was all okay except the BFD3 preset I made for the song I was working on had lost a few of the keyboard mapping that was there before shutdown. So I tried rescanning data paths individually instead and it worked as it should and was done in a few seconds each path. It’s a work around but everything still works at least. :+1:

1 Like

Hello, do you have date for old CPU suppor ? Do i need to consider to change my ha

Hello,

I still have no news for old CPU support. It’s been over 3 months that I can no longer use more than $ 1000 of products, do you find this normal knowing that you did not even mention the end of this support in your update and that we can not go back ???
I expect from you at least a commercial gesture if this support is not planned and I have to change hardware to use your software !!!
Working in IT as a consultant, I can tell you that the way you manage and deliver your developments and updates is catastrophic, whether for the experience of your users or the reputation of your brand…
Please give me a clear and precise answer.