BFD1 kit pieces in latest percussion download

Have just downloaded the latest version of the percussion kit and noticed that some kit pieces are not playing, they make a clicking noise and send the meters into the red.

I checked in the library and noticed that there were two folders for those kit pieces, one of which was labelled as BFD1 and it is those that are causing the issue. I don’t think they should be there in the download.

Looking in the library folder I can see that there are two folders for the PER Ashiko Tom kit piece and for the PER Djembe Toms. One of each folder has BFD3 at the end of its name.

I’m posting images of the kit pieces in the BFD3 drum tab and of the folder itself.

Steve

Just as an update, anyone else seeing this, it’s a simple matter of deleting the PER Ashiko Tom and the PER Djembe Toms folders. (not the ones with BFD3 at the end) and then rescanning.
Problem solved but I’m sure they shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Steve

Thanks for posting about this - saved me a lot of time troubleshooting.
I’ve also discovered another three pieces from BFD Percussion that won’t work when loaded into a kit, yet in these cases there are no fixed versions of the samples:

• PER Household Trash Can BD Beater
  • PER Household Trash Can Chains
  • PER Misc Rain Stick

I’ll post this info in a new thread.

Welcome to the BFD (Drums) forums, Dave.

Kind regards

Living Room Rocker

1 Like

Thank you, sir! I feel welcomed! :smiley: