BFD Yamaha Oak / Maple / Jazz Maple missing presets and kits

During the current sale, I tried to complete my BFD collection. Bought the older Yamaha Oak Custom, Maple Custom Absolute and Jazz Maple (among others). They install, but then, I don’t seem to find the kits or presets for these in BFD3. Tried to re-scan multiple times, no avail. Also, the kit pieces seem to be incomplete - didn’t find the Jazz Maple stuff at all. This is a bit odd, as all the other installs seemed to go fine. So maybe it’s an issue with the installer? Anybody tried to install these? (I know, older packs, but still…)

I had a similar problem and it’s because I just had it set to scan my storage drive folders. The presets and Grooves, especially for older kits get put in the FXpansion folder on the OS drive. So in my case all the audio for the kits were in

F:\FXpansion

But everything else was in the original FXP folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion

And some stuff is in the same folder but much further down

C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD2\System\Grooves
C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD2\System\Kits
C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD2\System\Kit Pieces
C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD2\System\Presets

Dig around and see if you find your stuff in there and the scanner is missing it or if it didn’t install properly.

1 Like

2 things you could try, first do the, ‘Add BFD2 Data Path’ from the contents page and rescan.

As @SF_Green says, search those locations for them.

If they’re still not there, extract the download file and look in Installer\Payload\System\ and you’ll find kits and preset folders should be in there so you can just move them to where you want them or import them from the file menu and rescan.

Steve

1 Like

The new installers put everything into:

C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums

So for packs that still have legacy BFD2 presets you’d be looking for:

C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums\BFD2\System\Kits
C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums\BFD2\System\Presets

On OSX it would be:
Mac HD/Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD2/System/Kits
Mac HD/Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD2/System/Presets

BFD3 presets are in the BFD3 equivalent locations. If the ‘Add BFD2 Paths’ button isn’t adding these locations, you can add them manually and you’ll see all of your kits and presets.

2 Likes

Hi guys, the paths were already there, but for some reason, I needed to manually re-scan the folders - then everything showed up (well, after two or three attempts in various order). Not sure why BFD was so stubborn. :slight_smile: However, now I got my kits and presets, lovely! Thanks for all the help and answers.

1 Like

Does not work for me. I get the dreaded yellow triangles in the mixer window pane.

I don’t have BFD2, only BFD3. Even though BFD3 did install the BFD2 Presets and Kits files as you mention, it did not install the actual files that the these Presets and Kits try to find or load. The file structure that they list doesn’t even exist in the BFD3 Core Library, so it just doesn’t work.

The Preset and Kit files are just plain text files, which I opened up and looked at them to see what they were not able to load and why.

The only workaround that I can see, for me at least, would be to see if any of the snare, hi-hat, or cymbals files actually exist in the installed BFD3 Core Library. This would take a LOT of work. Then if I could find these files, edit the BFD2 Preset and Kit files replacing their included file paths with those installed in the BFD3 Core Library. Again, a LOT of work.

Then, I assume, the microphone and effects would never be right. So these Expansion Packs are really only good for their kicks and toms items.

Hi there, I got these, and even reinstalled them recently - and they do work here. So it’s not that these do not work in principle. This sounds more like the instruments/presets pointing to the wrong directory, something that I also encountered in the past (s. above). Did you try to rescan all paths, and did you try to manually add the paths where your BFD files are? Also, did you add BFD2 paths and scan for BFD2 files, too? There is an old Youtube video that might help as well (path names might be different now, but you can manually add your new install paths): FXpansion BFD3 Tutorial 02 - Expansion packs and managing data - YouTube If everything fails, try to re-download and re-install the packs. Best, TQ

Yes, I rescanned all paths. I do not have any BFD2 core kits/sample libraries. I’m a new BFD user. I just purchased BFD3. No previous BFD versions installed. The BFD2 preset or kit files can’t open samples from libraries that I don’t have.

Go to wherever your LM downloaded your kits to and look for the payload folder.
Mine is in, Downloads\BFD Drums\BFD Jazz Maple\Installer\Payload\BFD2System.
In it you should see Kits, Presets & Mixers.

You can move them to your preferred location and make sure they are in BFD3’s data paths then rescan

Steve

@Steve63 Yes, yes and yes. The kits, presets and mixers files are all accounted for (BFD installed them in the location @BFD_Drew stated in his post above (I’m on a Mac.) That’s not the problem. They are loaded into BFD3 properly.

My problem is with Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute and Yamaha Oak Custom. I get this (see image) with the yellow triangles because I don’t have the BFD2 sample library installed, it can’t find/load the snare, hit, and cymbal samples.

Well, I can’t seem to upload the file. It just says Processing and never loads.

So here’s a link to the image file on media fire.com: https://www.mediafire.com/view/aqzz9iejqo83qp1/YMA_Kit_3_Preset.png/file

@Steve63 Thanks for all your help. I’ll get all this sorted out when I have time to dive into BFD3. Guess I’ll have to add the snare, hats and cymbals. No biggie.

I want to add the Yamaha Cases kit pieces from the Yamaha Oak Custom Kit, is this possible anyhow?

Ran into the same problem today. It seems that the expansion doesn’t contain the fiberglass snare or the cases.

This is the downloaded payload folder.

As @BigFriendlyDrums above said, those YMA presets want a lot of stuff that’s just not there.

YMA JE pure MCA 1 and 2

Missing pieces:

YS1 Snares\Snare FHP Stick On
JNF Sabian\Hihat 13 Fusion S
JNF Sabian\Crash 18 Med S
JNF Sabian\Crash 17 HH Med Thin S
JNF Sabian\Ride 21 HH Raw Bell Dry

All other presets:

YMA Kit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and YMA Pure MCA are just missing the snare.

Hi ggmanestraki,

Have you tried to troubleshoot the missing pieces?

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Well, all my content is in the same place.

But those cymbals, I’ve never seen them. I have the Sabian Digital Vault, but those specific pieces called from the preset are JNF sabian. Maybe those are from Jazz n Funk? I don’t have Jazz and Funk, neither do I expect the expansion to contain those cymbals, but shouldn’t the preset avoid them since they’re not part of a core library and use something else instead?

The snare is missing outright when it’s supposed to be in the expansion. There’s no sign of it in the payload folder.

1 Like

I loaded all the Presets/Kits from the Maple Custom Absolute Kit.
The Kits/Presets are all BFD2.
The presets were created by John Emrich.The Kits were created by “Robert”

I am showing all the YMA JE MCA Pure Presets (1+2) load Sabian cymbals.
There are no YMA JE MCA Pure Kits.
I am also showing YMA Kits and Presets load Zildjian Cymbals (except Kit 6 = 6 toms only)
All Kits have the Yamaha FHP Snare

The Yamaha Fiberglass snare location = BFD Signature Snares Vol 1
The Sabian Cymbals location = Jazz N Funk

The Maple Custom Absolute Kit does state “Bonus” snare from BFD Signature Snares Vol 1 and Bonus Case samples.I also don’t see either in the Maple Custom Absolute Audio Folder however the Kit pieces in the Presets link to other Libraries.

YMA JE MCA Pure CYMBALS - SABIAN

YMA JE MCA Pure SNARE - YAMAHA

YMA CYMBALS - ZILDJIAN

YMA SNARE - YAMAHA

1 Like

Thanks for confirming my guesses chaser!

So, what do we do now? I guess if someone could pass me the just the snare and I just plopped it in my content directory it would work? (To find out if the license for it still holds.)

If it doesn’t work and the licenser complains, it means the product doesn’t offer the snare anymore?

I can’t make heads or tails of the cymbals. Are the pure presets in there by mistake? The product page doesn’t mention cymbals at all.

The cases aren’t there in the payload too.

Should I inform support about this so that they tidy up the installer a bit?

Unfortunately it’s not as easy as drag n drop.
The Preset is tagged with information Folder/Expansion name location etc along with the kit piece in the Audio Folder which also has a mixer slot and settings.
Since the Folder doesn’t exist if you don’t have the expansion you can’t (as far as I know) simply edit the Presets and xml files and hope they work.It may cause more problems with the License Manager and mess up the expansion you’re trying to add the kit pieces to etc.
There was a a Metadata program.I still have it somewhere but haven’t used it in years.It was for fixing problems with location and “unknown” libraries.
i would contact support or they may have or will read it here in the Forum and provide a fix for what is missing or adjust the expansions description.There is also the possible violation of the EULA with users sharing missing presets and audio files on a forum…it raises red flags.
I am sure there are others with the same question.
The Bonuses mentioned with Expansion don’t match the official BFD2 Preset so I have no idea if they were added later on or if they ever came with it.
The Library images on the Presets/Kits or different…YMA indicates Jacques Mathias…the Pure MCA (Maple Custom Absolute) have a Power/stop button image (whatever that means).
On another note as far as snares go…I see the Wooden and BFD Signature Snares Vol 2 are on sale for 29…but not the Vol 1.It is still at 59

2 Likes

You’re right. I’ll just send to support and point them to this thread. I don’t need the snare, and the cases I already have from Jazz Maple that had put them in as a bonus at one time, JnF I’ll get sometime in the future. I’m more concerned in knowing what I have bought, if the product’s description and content actually agree.

Cheers!

If you have the Yamaha cases then the best way would be to just load the Yamaha Oak kit and then ad some of the pieces from the Yamaha cases to that kit and save with a name you can use again.

Steve