BFD still not working in Studio one 5 (win)

Still getting the overlay telling me to open the licence manager.
Closing licence manager and reopening from the overlay just repeats the message.
Opening BFD as an instrument brings up the locked overlay.

How can I get it to open and work in Studio One 5 please?.
Both apps are current.

Have you been unable to use BFD this whole ten months since your last post? I hope not.

@BFD_Drew Can someone help this person please?

Haven’t been able to use it in Studio One 5 since day one of the change of ownership.
I use it in another app and transfer stems to Studio One.
It always worked flawlessly when FXpansion owned it.

It broke on day one and subsequent updates have not fixed it.

I have used BFD from day one of version one and have an extensive library of grooves etc. I am a professional composer (almost 2 decades as composer in residence for an international gaming company) so downtime is difficult.

However; I would like to have it working within my main DAW and keep hoping it will work again with each inMusic update.

Thanks,
Geoff

Well, Im sorry that I cant remember all the tips n tricks that other people manage to recall instantly to help fix issues, but now that you’ve made a dedicated thread, hopefully someone will be along to help soon enough.

I sent the bat signal out for Drew, so he might be able to help too.

Best of luck.

Try logging out from the license manager, closing it, then logging back in.

1 Like

done that innumerable times without result. Thanks anyway.

thanks, Hope springs eternal :smiley:

1 Like

Lol! and yes.
“Still getting the overlay telling me to open the licence manager.
Closing licence manager and reopening from the overlay just repeats the message.
Opening BFD as an instrument brings up the locked overlay.”
Restarting the computer from a cold boot doesn’t work.
Restarting Licence manager doesn’t work.
Restarting Studio One doesn’t work.
Reinstalling the update doesn’t work.

It works in another app…just not the app I prefer to use when composing, tracking and mixing. (Studio One)

The frustrating thing is that BFD (1, 2 &3) worked flawlessly when it was an FXpansion app.

Hahah :slight_smile: Sorry, was just a silly video, not a serious question :slight_smile:

I think that video might be about 20 years old, and we’re still having to say the same things to each other as a tech support option :slight_smile:

2006 called, it wants its tech support back!

1 Like

I have it working in Studio One 5.2.

For me, initially, the issue was trying to understand what the changes were to the auth scheme: that I had to get BFD2 replaced with a new library. And also, that I had to log out and then log in to the website for the auth app to work for me. Yes, it has been a challenge at times, mostly because I haven’t gone through the process before. Now that I’m a little more used to it, I at least know how to get out of trouble. But yeah, when I owned BFD2, it just remained authorized and didn’t hiccup once.

The same for all my other software (although Waves, which I rarely use, can be an annoyance at times). In general, I think it should be a “one and done” deal. Get it right the first time, prove that you paid for it, then leave me alone, scripted mutant robots from hell. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mrBun I’ll private message you. BFD3.4 does, and always has, worked in Studio One just fine - it is one of our primary daws for testing, and a bunch of staff members use it all the time!

1 Like

Drew, happy you folks use it for testing. Having an intimate understanding of both Studio One and BFD means I may yet get to see bfd functioning again. Your input is appreciated.

I had the same problem over the same period, the latest update does seem to have fixed it though, the one from about a week ago.

1 Like

Just found bfd3.dll in 3 different places on my HD. Deleted 2 of them. I now have an interface without the overlay. Thanks for your input. You can mark it as solved.

1 Like