BFD Marching Drums

Hi Again,

BFD Marching Drums is expertly recorded by John Emrich, also not a review but a very tasty kit indeed. Great for all sorts of productions.

1 Like

Thanks for this. Will check it out.

Just to say - itā€™s great to see that the negativity re. the move from fXpansion to In-Music has abated on this forum. I had a bad time myself in that move - check my profile for posts here! But BFD is working OK for me again now. Was it painful? Yeah. But BFD is all about drums, and once you ā€˜start from the beginningā€™, it gets more stable, and it does it so well.

1 Like

Very happy to hear that, Iā€™ve had my share of issues with BFD too, in fact just last night I had some some with tje Neil Peart expansion, on laptop it was smooth and easy, on my main pc I had to mess around for a few hours to get it all going.

Instead of making it as negative as F on here for everyone else, I choose to look at the good side of it all, and work through the rest of it as best I can.

100% Agree :+1:t2:

1 Like

Why are the demos for expansions so bad? I was interested in an expansion for a project, went to the demo for Marching Drums and was deeply un-impressedā€¦.then I listened to the Orchestral demo. Take a listen and compare. Same old tired rhythm - and over-orchestrated. Virtually the same palette of sounds. Hard to evaluate properly based on these demos. No idea of the range of drums, tonal qualities etc. Not everyone wants to make ā€œaction movieā€ soundtracks (which all follow the same tired old format). Then, for a real shocker, check out the Virtually Erskine Grooves. I havenā€™t heard bad midi programming like that since the 90sā€¦awful, no groove at all. Stiff as a quantised 8thā€¦. really BFD you need to up your game. Not buying based on these samples. Happy with the kits I have and BFD 3 but for special purpose drums Iā€™ll look elsewhere.

The FXpansion Soundcloud sometimes has more audio examples than on the BFD Drums product page.

1 Like

OK, but point of sale is where I would expect to find examples - I thought the golden rule was keep customers on your site, not send them away to a third party site. But hey, what do I know, thanks for the info though Iā€™ll check these out.

EDIT - having done so Iā€™m rather disappointed - very ā€œmachine gunā€ like. As I said about the Erskine programming, someone needs to do some serious work here.

Thatā€™s definitely what it should be.