BFD Drums Sales Thread

Thanks for updating man. I was going to do my normal weekly sales update, but as I said last week, these sales have gotten redundant with the same expansions popping up, so it just seems silly until there’s a reduction on some different expansions. The Black Album surely qualifies as that. That said, I guess it’s still cool that we’re getting any weekly expansion sales. This definitely wasn’t a thing in the past and it gives new users the opportunity to snag some new sounds to expand their BFD3.

2 Likes

Had anybody tried the chocolate audio contemporary vintage drums?

just bought it, still “exploring” how well it works and the best way to construct a kit for a project. Always roll my own, but loaded some preset kits to check the ambient channels and got a lot of duplicate drums, pretty much a mess. Very initial impression of sounds is it’s not “over produced” or “polished” with a good range of options.

Yes I have it, I like it a lot. SoundMILL has got it sussed fairly well. I’ve got it set as I want, all the hard work is done as I have owned it since release. In the early days expansions were, well a little messy, with kits and presets etc, I got use to doing some manual work after installing expansions, things have got much better though.

We will run the 50% through the end of August for those that are on the fence.

1 Like

Get OFF!!! :innocent:

2 Likes

@jih64 Based on past comments, I’m going to assume you have them all. :smirk: So which is your fav?

Yes I have most I would say, although not Marching Bands or Those Japanese Percussion ones, I think it’s safe to say I will never have those :roll_eyes: But pretty much all I know of other than that.

If you are talking about from all different dev’s and not just 1, I would say The Black Album Drums, but they all have a good use point, and I do switch around regularly, to me they all sound good. Vinny Appice, Nick Mason, Neil Peart are all right up there.

A couple that escaped me for years because the site looked like it was abandoned, nothing ever changed, then one day I sent them an Email to see whether or not they were still operating, I didn’t want my money to go into some deep dark hole of no return but I had to have those kits, I already had their Andy Johns Expansion, they are the Joe Barresi Evil Drums, and Jim Scott Rock Drums Volume 1 and 2 they are excellent, oh . . . from Platinum Samples, while I was there I grabbed the Henry Hirsch Manic Love set, which I didn’t have, and again, I’m glad I grabbed it.

They are all great to use.

Here are a couple of places that might help with expansions, as well as other plugins, just type in what you are after makes it easier, like BFD for example

Have fun :innocent:

Thanks man. I should’ve clarified though. I was just asking what your favorite from Sonic Reality was. No worries.

Ok, so this is worth a bump. I’m seeing the Black Album drums for $59 at AudioDeluxe and Don’t Crack. Interesting that they’re calling it an intro sale and the regular price is $89, which still seems much lower than is normally advertised for this expansion. *The FX Chain now has it on sale as well, so you can knock it down to around $50 with the 18% off subscriber coupon.

Also as a side, I see the Kabuki & Noh Percussion expansion is in stock at JRR Shop. Not on sale, but it had disappeared completely from their BFD3 expansion products and is now up again.

1 Like

New deals added on Aug 30:

• Virtually Erskine - $19.99
  • Modern Retro - $19.99
  • Horsepower - $39.99
  • Sabian Digital Vault - $39.99
2 Likes

Thanks for keeping this thread active bro, very kind of you. Not siure if anyone here uses Reason software but I stumbled across this, and it’s a good price for BFD Jazz/Funk - Search results for "BFD" | Shop | Reason Studios

1 Like

The Sonic Reality 50% off sale will continue through Labor Day! You can purchase the Sonic Reality BFD Expansions at www (dot) esoundz (dot) com.

2 Likes

No worries man. I decided to just post if/when I see something that’s a pretty good value, rather than the mundane sales. I had to post Modern Retro at that price. Nice find for J&F btw.

Really good prices, I scored the Erskine kit on plug-in boutique for £10.99 because I had some points lol, it’s selling for £15.95 right now, total score. I hope it’s a good one but tbh for that price, it’s a win.

1 Like

That’s a bargain. It’s a pretty good expansion. I know he’s more of a jazz cat, but the rock kit is solid. I still haven’t given it proper attention as far as tweaking/mixing, but I’ll get back to it eventually.

I’m currently working on a demo of one of the BFD3 Core Library kits. I thought it’d be a good idea to get more examples out there of what the stock BFD3 kits can do, for newcomers and those thinking about jumping on-board.

1 Like

Great idea, looking forward to that, if it’s anything like your last video it’ll be really helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kabuki & Noh Percussion is at The FX Chain for $89.99. Not on sale, but pretty low compared to other retailers that even have it in stock, or the BFD shop.

1 Like

New deals added on Sept 13:

• Wooden Snares - $25.00
  • Vintage Recording Techniques - $29.99
  • Modern Drummer Snare Selects - $29.99
2 Likes