Auto Channel Assignment and routing

Can’t believe I’ve only just noticed that this has changed and I really like it’s simplicity.

Is there a list anywhere of the different assignments and where they are routed to and why?
It’s not listed anywhere in the on line help but then that was written a while back I guess.

I know some are obvious but what is, WYSIWY?G

Steve

WYSIWYG normally stands for what you see is what you get.

That’s if I’m not on the wrong track.

1 Like

I absolutely love WYSIWYG, but I hate how it destroys the AmbMix. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if I was on the right lines. Still not 100%.

I’m still struggling re learning everything BFD3.

It’s surprising when you use Superior Drummer (and others) how easy it is to become un educated with BFD.

I just took the plunge to Windows 11. All is well so far. Hope it stays that way.

Edit Quick note -

I still can’t use BFD3 in stand alone. But that’s not a problem for me as I only use it in Cubase, Ableton, and Reason.

2 Likes

What You See Is What You Get

1 Like

What’s the problem with the standalone, murt?

1 Like

Hi.

It just keeps blue screening Windows.

It did it under Windows 10 and still does it under Windows 11.

But, as I said, I don’t use stand alone. And I can’t find the time to investigate.

It may just be a specific machine problem that may correct it’s self with a future update.

Hm, the only thing that comes to mind is that upon loading, it excpects an audio configuration that’s not there (device, sample rate, buffer settings) and hard crashes. Always tough to guess bluescreens because hardware failure is sometimes possible.

1 Like

You could try running ‘Whocrashed’ (Resplendence Software - Free Downloads)

To be honest, most of time it gives a long list of things that may or may not be the cause that make little sense to me but it’s free at least. :blush:

Steve

1 Like

Thanks people.

I never followed up with that problem as it runs fine in all my DAWs. Cubase 12 is still fantastic with it even though there is technically no support for vst2. And, BFD3 is my last vsti that has to be updated to vst3.

I just don’t open BFD3 in stand alone.

I will however, try it again on the next major update to see if the problem is sorted.

I always go with the saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But in this case it is broke in stand alone and the only way to avoid blue screen is just don’t open it in stand alone.