Any Advice Building Custom Kits ? Neil Peart or Herb A

Hi, i like the Oblivion expansion sounds. I also have Crush and I dont like the sounds so much. There are things about both that I do like.

I want to build a kit with more toms, like 5 or 6. Not overly effected like Crush. The presets I’ve found look close to what I want, then they will be unusable with ridiculous reverb or something.

Im also afraid that mixing different presets or expansion pack drums may sound strange because of recording style or something.

And Finally, there have been times when I created a keymap for my edited preset and it gets lost and isnt there when I come back to it.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Not exactly what you are asking about, but perhaps easier,

Hi Tom,

If I build kit from different kits then I would start with a dry kit and avoid using the presets just for the reasons you mentioned, different processing. However, you can try to duplicate the processed sound by taking note of the original kit piece effects and routing (sends). You may have to tune the alternate pieces also. Could be fun.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

thanks , that brings me to another question. Do the preset makers use the drum tuning feature ? Do you ? I think it may be a gimmicky dumb thing that could mess up the sample quality. Do you find it usable ?

thanks. is this library usable in bfd ?

Yeah, it works fine for me, there are versions for different formats, BFD, Kontakt, Reason, etc, the BFD format works fine.

Hi Tom,

I do tune kit pieces. I am not sure about the makers. I know what you mean about messing up the quality, but I do find it useful in getting the sound I want.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker