Annoying License renewing

just a note on an additional reason for being “offline”

I do a lot of live tracking for ensembles and learned (the hard way) to disable any ‘services’/process that might want to do some during that magical take. i use dedicated systems that have wifi disabled by default on startup. no problem to be online for installation/updating, but -not- to use the product. I do a lot of remote/location work and can not for the life of me figure out the logic for using BFD based on my experience.

fwiw, i own a -lot- of plugins (not GAS, but to cover a range of client requests) and BFD is the -only- one that has managed to take down a session.

and only here because of the latest problem this week…

Couldn’t that scenario could be avoided by keeping track of how may days you have remaining in the license manager?

Steve

if it worked as expected? claimed? idk anymore.

The latest was Dark Farm being de-authorized after installing a few weeks ago, -and- checking to make sure all products had plenty of runway before heading out.

Noting the LM says to “recheck” in 86 days every time i run it. Is that your experience as well?

The license checking is annoying and not professional, they probably are paranoid of illegal copy or wants to keep track of you.
I’m still looking (not actively) for an alternative of BFD just because of that. It is the only software were I have to connect my computer to internet to be able to use it. Incredible!!

1 Like

Just sucks

Logout and Login again did the job. All stuff is back. This should be postet somewhere at the first place, when trouble with the license.