Sonic Reality expansions won't authorize

Note that this does not fix all the issues.

If you’ve already migrated to InMusic and then subsequently buy more packs, you can then register them in fxpansion (because InMusic doesn’t recognise serials) BUT there is no longer a ‘migrate’ button to be found, and the old link is of course expired.

So there needs to be a way to generate a new migration link.

This is not exactly correct. If you’ve purchased serials from Sonic Reality and they don’t register in the BFD License Manager then you have FXpansion-era serials, and should contact Sonic Reality for inMusic replacements, which our sales team should have issued them by now. I will re-kindle that conversation.

No-one is supposed to be able to buy old-era serials now, only new-era serials are supported. A migration isn’t necessary. What is necessary is getting users the correct serials!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Drew, good point and as you can imagine, I would absolutely be fine to receive current serials, a new migration link, or whatever else keeps BFD rolling along.

I appreciate your bumping the conversation about serials internally - I look forward to the reissue of serial numbers.

I have the problem that longcurlingwand just described. I sent an email to Sonic Reality with in the past 24 houirs, waiting a for a response from them.

Just a curious question for Drew, since some can solve the problem by migration, can’t InMusic do something about the Serial Numbers?

Update that support gave me some new serials, they work. Thanks again!

now just waiting on Chocolate Audio to provide new serials, and all sets will be sorted.

1 Like

Update from 14 days ago, I’ve been busy for a few weeks.

New serials from Sonic Reality were given and all is authorized and well. I’m looking to buying more from them.

I’m still having problems with the Vinny Appice kit. Yes, I now have the new serial showing up under authorized products in the latest InMusic license manager. Yes, I then downloaded the pack directly from that most recent license manager. Yes, I then followed all installation prompts, and then rescanned for new content as asked for. Unfortunately there is still no Appice under “kits” and “presets” showing up….except for a brief period during which it did appear under presets. Just a totally confounding and frustrating endeavor.

@LAGinz For Presets, have your ‘Presets’ highlighted, click the library button, and select ‘unknown’, see if they are in there.

There are no ‘Kits’ as such.

If you right click on say the kick in the UI, select ‘Drums’ do you see a Vinny Appice entry toward the bottom of that list?

The answer is no to the first question. On the second question, the “index” will show two Vinnie kicks, but when you click on one, nothing gets loaded and you just see the microphone pic in that mixer slot. Before you ask, I have checked the paths and rescanned repeatedly.

There should be only 1 Kick, perhaps a sign of multiple attempts? in the Preset(s) with a double kick set up, it’s different tuning, and perhaps other tweaks on second kick, but the same kick.

Is your installation file zipped? not just an .exe?
If zipped open it and go

Vinny Appice Kit/Installer/Payload/System/BFD3/System/Presets,

select all the files in the Preset folder and Drag/Extract them into your

C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums\BFD3\System\Presets folder, or where ever you want really, as long as they are in you Scan Paths, I have mine in my BFD Drums/Sonic Reallity/Vinny Appice Kit/ Presets folder

Fire up BFD3 - Tools/Set up Content Locations and ‘Rescan all Content Paths’ and see how you go.

And let me add one more odd fact here. On the license manager, it does not appear under the Installed tab. This despite the fact that I have downloaded it from the Authorized tab, installed it following BFD prompts, checked the signal path etc. So totally odd that I’m again close

I edited the above post while you were typing.

The installer was a direct exe file with no zip —-it’s the auto version after download from license manager that shows a little triangular “play” button in the upper right hand corner of license manager. A bit unclear as to what folder you are saying Vinnie presets should be in or where they should be dragged. I’m on Windows 10 pro. All my installations are done with admin privileges.

Like I was trying to say to you a few weeks back, the best path forward would have been a good clean up, and clean start, it’s what I done, and it was a breeze, I even unistalled and reinstalled all of my 60 expansions for good luck.

Do you know where the LM downloads your files to? If so, and you have kept them, you should be able to find what I am talking about.

Mine, say for instance Vinny, downloaded to a Vinny folder which contained Installer and Uninstaller.exe and 2 folders containing the same for Mac, plus the Installer’ folder mentioned above

Please don’t lecture. I did that following Drew’s specific instructions.