WTF.. migration? you mean Exile!

I tried the Mac password—that didn’t work.

Stephen

Hi Stephen. I had this same issue. I got around it by manually adding BFD3.app to the keychain access using the Keychain Access app on my mac. (So didn’t do it while BFD was open or trying to open). I opened the keychain access application, double-clicked on the com.inmusicbrands.softwareunlock item (in my case there are 2 for some reason, so I did this whole thing twice). On the subsequent box I clicked on the Access Control tab, then the little + in the bottom left. This opens your applications folder. I selected BFD3.app and hit okay. IIRC it asked me to authenticate with my mac password. This seems to have fixed this particular issue for me. Let me know how you go!

After the most insane amount of screwing around including eventually having to manually delete everything from FXspansion and BFD from my drive, I finally got it installed. Only bug at this stage is all my presets, kits and drums are in duplicate in the browser window despite there only being one install of the content on my HD. If I select any of these in the browser and right-click the Show In Finder menu option each duplicate references the same file in the same folder. Any clues on this would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Don

That worked. Brilliant. Thanks.

Stephen

1 Like

Just chiming in to register my interest in getting back the software libraries that were taken from me without warning…

OSX Catalina on 2012 Mac Pro here.

So I actually managed to do the migration and apart from BFD2 and BFD1 not active, I got all my expansions working. Deluxe, Percussion, Jazz & Funk and got a free expansion of Horsepower.

Like many I’ve had the auth issues when launching BFD standalone or as plugin in Logic but what TxRxF suggested has worked there. Thank you!

So now all that leaves is to regain access to BFD 2 and 1 libraries. Since there seems to be no way to use in music’s support ticket (I tried twice) I figured my best hope would be to leave my interest here. Sheesh, not even this forum is linked from the new BFD site

Drew while your efforts are sincerely appreciated, it sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place with little or no authorisation to promise anything. Lets hope your new overlords are decent humans and sort this shit out promptly.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

You should send your support requests to support@bfddrums.com as well as posting here.

I’m guessing the web page support will be up and running ay some point soon but right now email is all there is.

I think Drew is aware of the BFD1 & BFD2 library issues and I think I read that owners of those packs should have Elderado and London Sessions available for download via the licence manager but obviously that needs to be sorted asap.

Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve!

I will send to that support email address thank you.

I had seen the speculation that the Eldorado and London Sessions libraries would be forthcoming to proven BFD 1&2 owners but my concern is that the new BFD owners are not able to tell who the actual BFD 1&2 owners actually are. If they could then perhaps we would not be in this situation??? (guessing)

It might be the case that the licence manager isn’t picking them up so it might be wise to keep hold of the libraries.

I have 4 libraries that aren’t listed in the licence manager so for now I can’t use them.

Andy John Classic Drums, Greatest Hits V1, Manu Katche Signature Snare and Yamaha Cases

Steve

But the serial numbers for BFD 1 and BFD 2 are right there in the account from which the migration started! (at least in my case)

In my case, I don’t have any expansions apart from Jazz Maple. BFD license manager only displays BFD 3 and this Jazz Maple (and the freebie Noir). So these got through ok, with new serial numbers and all. BFD 1 and 2 don’t exist as entries at all, be it unlicensed entries of BFD 1 and BFD 2, or transmutated into Eldorado and London Sessions. Nothing but Just BFD 3, Jazz Maple, Jazz Noir in BFD License Manager.

On the other hand, in FXpansion License Manager all is fine, except the Jazz Noir freebie (which is logical and expected since it’s from the new “shop/server/situation/callitwhatyoulike”.)

So, the sticking point is that in BFD License Manager, there is no “vessel” to contain BFD 1 and 2 as discontinued products. Ideally, the migration wizard should see registered FXpansion BFD1 and BFD2 serials, and spit out Eldorado and London Sessions serials for BFD License Manager. But it didn’t happen obviously.

Moreover, I am in a situation where BFD 3.4 standalone doesn’t work as it should at all. While presets are present, kits drums and grooves, are stuck in a “Searching…” or “Loading…” loop. So, I’m back to fxpansion’s last version where everything works, and when stuff are sorted out with BFD 3.4 I’ll be more than happy to join in and look forward to BFD 4 and beyond.

2 Likes

Thanks for uploading the previous version Steve. It saved my day. The migration to the new version was a complete disaster.

1 Like

OK, that’s clearly an error, because I have all of those except Greatest Hits, and all 3 licenses migrated from FXpansion to BFD Drums without issue.

[edit:] Ahhh, looks like I was wrong. The Manu Katche I have is a Deluxe snare, but it seems that my FXYMK license was never in my old FXpansion license manager, even though it’s in my account. And, Yamaha Cases, I don’t think it ever had a license of it’s own.