What forum software is this?

As per my title, what forum software is in use here? This forum is… curious. I’ve never encountered this software before. It’s not exactly intuitive, but it’s not awful either.

I have yet to really try to use it on iOS (which is usually the test for usability problems).

I kinda like it… maybe… but it’s not great at space usage. Some features are interesting, while others are hidden and yet others bafflingly pointless (the badges are over-the-top). I couldn’t figure out how to quote, so I selected text and saw the quote button magically appear. That’s… neat, and it’s smart/unified to take selected text, but invisible controls are a huge NO-NO. That was me stabbing around as I have always been apt to do to learn things that lack documentation.

1 Like

This is Discourse.

I am familiar with it from the Steinberg forums that recently migrated to it.

There’s a tutorial you can do with discobot, a bot that shows you the ropes. How to post, quote, edit, delete, flag posts etc. etc.

1 Like

I’m starting to like it but still prefer the old fxpansion forum (pre spam years of course)

I do like the copy and quote thing but I miss being able to display info like what gear you use and websites in your signature.

Do you mean the emojis?
If so I completely agree, less is more.

Steve

No I mean the profile badges, on our profiles, that we get “awarded” for various forum activities.

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was a kind of, ‘trust’ thing at first to wheedle out the spammers.

Steve

1 Like

It’s funny. This forum was the first time I had ever seen a “Discourse” forum. Today I logged into Renoise’s forum for the first time in… years?.. and it’s now running Discourse too. Is this going to keep happening? ha ha ha…