License Manager 3.0.6.22 Authorization Loop Issue - SOLVED - M1 Mac Works!

Making a dedicated topic for this issue

Macbook Pro 2021 M1 Pro Monterey 12.6.1, new setup, no system migration
(My InMusic license works fine on a 2015 Macbook Pro)

• When License Manager (3.0.6.22) is open and BFD3 is closed, it authorizes successfully

• As soon as BFD standalone or VST2 is opened, I am prompted to run the LM and authorize again

• It says authorization is successful, but once you close the pop-up window, the LM says not authorized

• LM authorization status will not turn green unless you close BFD3

• But as soon as you open it again, you are stuck in the loop

• Logging out and back in with LM and Chrome did not work (Safari not compatible)

• Reinstalling BFD3 and LM did not work

• Same issue exists with BFD3 v3.4.4.31 and v3.4.5.10

Recent reports of the same issue:

Yep, support are top notch. They’ll never get another penny from me again. Superior Drummer is the way. Would have rather saved cash but enough was enough

For anyone that resolved this issue, do you know what steps worked?

Does anyone know where the serial number is located on the system?
Why does the LM say no license is found even though authorization is successful?

It’s probably inMusic’s servers that are acting wonky.

I wish there was an actual error message to help narrow it down

I’ve had this issue since Nov 3rd, and my licenses were reset by support just to be sure

I found out the solution! It was on an old, unrelated post

Current Setup:
2021 Macbook M1 Pro, Monterey 12.6.3
Cubase 12.0.52
LM 3.4.4.31 and BFD 3.4.5.10 beta

You need to uninstall and then delete remaining files and reinstall LM and BFD to get the LM to authorize BFD and have it stick

Reference this old post from Drew:

Remaining issues (for my setup) are minor:

• Sometimes when I select the track in Cubase, the BFD audio stutters a bit while moving the mouse, but not enough to bother me.

• When I open a session after the 90 day authorization expires, if I authorize, the BFD VST reverts to default settings, but only in that session.

I exported my template layout as a preset and simply import it again to fix that session. If I make changes to it for a particular project, I export an updated preset for that project.

Other sessions are not affected, so long as I reauthorize first without opening them.

1 Like