I bought this software, I didn't RENT it!

It wouldn’t be so bad if the LM logged in periodically to refresh your auths and your products remained authorised until it had completed it’s checks.

This current process of disabling BFD3 and expansions until the LM has called home feels like we’re all assumed guilty until proven innocent.
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I didn’t note the date the last time BFD3 was disabled but I think it was around a fortnight ago so I’ll make hay while the sun shines and give it a couple more weeks.

Steve

2 Likes

My full installation from 26 July is coming up to it’s 30 days ?

I’ve been very lucky up to now with BFD in being able to run it without any major problem.

This is a brand new install on a brand new build.

I log into all my licence manager software, dongles, etc - ALWAYS - without fail every time I turn on the computer, I’ve done this for quite a few years.

I do have to say, the migration for me was quite a nightmare and a shock, not being very tech.

I can only say one thing from all the posts I see on here about speculation of a subscription service - If it does go that way then that’s me done. However if pay and subscription are to run side by side I will stay with it - as for me there’s no better sound than BFD.

And that also being said would lead me to replacing everything bfd in my projects - taking a very big hit in the bank balance.

I really feel for everyone having issues at present, and there seems no end to it.

As for LM - as Steve says What ever happened to innocent until proved guilty? - of what I may add. Every one of us on here have invested a lot of hard earned and sometimes borrowed money for this product. If it’s purely down to thievery then just go the whole hog and iLok it, otherwise why have LM in the first place.

No subscription for me - thank you guys.

It’s very sad to see folks having this trouble - just sorry I can’t help.

Neil

1 Like

Hey guys,
Apologies for radio silence. Everyone here is very busy. We’re working on a build to address this. It should be entering QA shortly.

12 Likes

Good to hear from you! We all look forward to a solution, thanks for the update.

1 Like

@Stephn_s
Also a professional here; I spent most of the last 2 decades as composer in residence for an international gaming company. Prior to that I worked as a professional sideman, composer of jingles and session slut. I have bought houses, put my kids through college, put food on the table and live debt free…all from composing original instrumental music.
I have built studios in Las Vegas, Australia and currently work out of my personal writer’s studio in the country whilst in lockdown, uploading files to the servers via VPN.

All the apologies and “works for me” statements are meaningless, patronizing and annoying if it doesn’t work for you.
Believe me, I’m beyond delighted that you are frolicking and rocking your personal world but unless you have a suggestion that will make this issue resolve, you aint helping brother. Simple as that.

I bought the very 1st version of BFD at release and have used this software without issue…until inMusic purchased it.
It will not work in Studio One 5 at all. I have been trialing some of the other drum apps for the last few months because downtime means missing deadlines.
I love BFD and have invested considerably in expanding the libraries for it.
I miss it. I don’t need my drums processed BFD scratched that itch perfectly.
Lately I have been writing BFD drum tracks in other DAWs and importing the stems into Studio One 5.

I like Studio One 5. It’s a decent DAW. I work with animators primarily and 3DS Max is king in their specific systems…to run animatics, I need a windows environment.
I would dearly love it if inMusic could fix this disaster and get BFD back to the state it was in before they broke it.

3 Likes

I am also a professional musician and have used used BFD since the first version. I am still running Win 7 and for almost 3 months I have not been able to install Horsepower that I chose with the migration. I sent 3 emails explaining this problem and 2 weeks later I received instructions that I had explained did not work. I then sent 5 emails, in various manners, and never received a response since the first week of June.

So much for being a loyal customer. I’m fed up. I have reinstalled the whole shebang 4 times and Horsepower more than 20 times. It says I don’t have HP registered. I do.

You would think somebody would be a decent person and help me out.
Michael

1 Like

Are you still on Win 7?

BFD has been Win 10 only for a while now

2 Likes

What’s wrong with using a prior version that worked with S One?

I don’t know much about Win but with Apple it is often so that the major hosts somehow set their own standards, even if they don’t comply with the written ones, with the result that hosts following the written standards fail with some plugins. This is a mess to fix because a developer has to decide to either following the majors or the exact protocoll. I don’t know if this is the case here but I do know that I had quite a few issues like this with other companies.

1 Like

Yes, I’m on my iPad now so I forget the exact version I’m using but I think it is 3.2 that is good for Win 7. There has not been any mention from Fxpansion or the new people that Win 7 is not usable.

I am fed up with the lack of response from inMusic. I have zero problems with BFD 3. All the kits and presets work, every midi drum loop works fine, all except Horsepower. Why?

I would suggest making a new thread in the Expansions section tbh, to give you more chance of your specific issue being seen on here.

2 Likes

Good idea. Right now I don’t want to ruin my Sunday with frustrating thoughts.

2 Likes

Perhaps we should run a poll to see where the issues are? A poll by DAW and operating system Win/Mac.

3 Likes

I just went more than 30 days on my late July refresh. Not really sure how it works. Maybe some part of the equation is server side? Not going to put a whole lot more effort into figuring it out until the next update.

2 Likes

Ooooh. Fingers crossed its fixed on the server side then! :slight_smile:

I have mere days to go before my 30 day renewal. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: 2 days to go!

1 Like

Getting close to 30 days.

Still running with few problems.

Most of my problems seem Windows related - even on this new machine.

I noticed a few posts stating that they are still running Windows 7, and I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere that the latest BFD is only compatible with Windows 10 version 1909. Hope that bit of info helps a few - or not if they can’t run the latest version.

Good luck to all having problems.

I’m not a tester (?) - but if I come across any major problems I’ll report them, although my health is not too good and don’t get on here a great deal - or run BFD as much as I’d like.

As I see from the last post - Fingers crossed - for everyone.

Neil

EDIT

I’m not that good with maths - only just took notice (30 Days today)

All ok

2 Likes

I haven’t used BFD3 on my Mac in over a month — I’ve been editing a book and music video. Last night I tried to start the BFD License Manager and it didn’t work — could not list the products I own. I started up the BFD3 standalone app. and it also did not start. Today, BFD LM still doesn’t work. Okay. But why?

I have read the posts here, especially those “reassuring” ones by Stephan_S, and aside from wanting to say that this licensing scheme is broken, I also wanted to welcome Stephan to a wider reality. Your subjective experiences with this product do not mirror my own. I have done nothing to change my computer or its configuration since I last used the product. In the meantime, NI Native Access works. So does my Waves Central, Slate Audio Center. In short, BFD3 is an unreliable product, at least for me. (Granted, I did not PM the owner about my BFD2 non-activation either — after what, having to read 30 posts and earn trusted status on another forum? However, I sent an email to support months ago and have heard nothing. So there’s that…)

Also, I am and have been an audio “professional” — which means that I pay for products that I need to work because sometimes it matters a lot. It doesn’t always go smoothly, but it is never this bad.

First post. Just sayin’…things could be a lot more cheerful, software wise.

3 Likes

Is it giving you any specific error messages? One of us may have had the same issue and might have some form of solution.

BFD’s migration to its new owner and servers have not been going that smoothly for some of us, but the bugs are getting worked on and being resolved.

You can likely get back up and running quite easily, with a bit more info, and some BFD staff’s eyes on your posts.

And calling @BFD_Drew regarding your BFD2 non activations…

1 Like

These are the messages I got so far (see post below, too). One tells me to reinstall. Yeah. Why would I want to do that if I have changed nothing on my computer and everything else works?

BFD3-LMissue

2 Likes

2nd one. New users can’t post two pics at once, apparently…

1 Like

NOTE: My MAIN music production machine is a PC and I just tested it now as well. Tried to start BFD3. No go. License manager wasn’t starting either.

Two machines. Same issue. So it’s not a corrupt bit of code or something that requires a reinstall.

1 Like