I have a ton of different grooves amassed in a single folder that scanned without issue in previous versions of BFD3 and is now crashing continually.
I could go through them and remove each folder one by one that the scanner got stuck on but I’m growing old watching it.
I noticed that, in particular, it seemed to be hanging when scanning large numbers of grooves. I saw this specifically with the Groove Monkee content, which is more than 2000 grooves. I previously had that under my BFD3 folder, but moved all that content out to it’s own vendor and product folders. When I did the folder-by-folder scan, it went through without any hangup.
I also noticed that when scanning user content paths nothing seems to happen at all.
It says scan complete after about a millisecond so my guess is that isn’t working either.
User content scanning works. All my user grooves and presets show up in the browser.
Actually, I have to say, it works a lot more consistently than before. I used to have content periodically not show up, and I’d have to rescan. I haven’t had to do that on v3.4.