[FUTURE FIX] ERROR #403002 Maximum Simultaneous

There is a chance this means we’re all gonna get this error message within a few re-authorisations, which then means we’re back to being completely locked out of BFD.

Hopefully Drew will be along to clear this up and let us know whats going on.

EDIT: Im six days away from having to re-authorise, again.

Same here.

It says ERROR#403002.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

We’re trying to get 3.4.3 with background license auto-refresh out the door shortly. Server business logic has moved to 90 day licenses recently. Refresh is attempted on anything more than 10 days old. Hopefully all this new license infrastructure will then finally go hide back under the rug where it should stay invisible like a Victorian child.

6 Likes

Oooh, fingers crossed thats it dealt with, hidden up a chimney and covered in soot.

Hopefully this will mean I can install 3.4.3 on my Raspberry Pi!

Does/has any of this effected how many reinstalls we’re allowed or how many authorisations we can do? As in, those of us who have had to re-authorise a number of times, is there a limit and have we used up x amount of attempts at re-authorising?

Just wondering how it works.

And sorry for being a bit thick, but what does it mean by refresh attempt on anything more than 10 days old? I dont understand that bit. 10 days older than what? An attempt at refreshing what exactly?

I confuse easily :slight_smile:

Is there anything I can do now to get BFD running ?

1 Like

Also, does this mean that every 90 days we’re now going to have to be checked that we’re still who we were last time the LM checked we were legit?

Does this mean every 90 days we HAVE to go online? I mean, thats better than once a month, but its still not something we can be expected to plan for if it means BFD shutting down and refusing to run every 90 days.

Thats still a massive issue and a liability, if thats how its going to work. Am I gonna have to buy a calendar and set an alarm just to make sure I dont miss my 90 days deadline?

Not trying to be snarky, I’m just trying to understand so I dont get caught with a non functioning BFD, meaning I can finally install this on my offline DAW PC.

Please clarify.

1 Like

I may have made it over the 30 day threshold, no re-authorisation needed! Fingers crossed thats happy days :smiley: I havent tried reinstalling the latest version on my Pi or DAW PC yet tho…

Still @BFD_SKoT can I get some clarity on the above questions tho please? How will it work in 90 days?

Turns out that the AuthManager thought I had installed BFD on too many computers, and locked my account.

What actually happened was, after my computer crashed a couple of times, I did a fresh Windows install. Somehow, that caused problems.

I’m back to functioning and that’s good.

3 Likes

How did it come back to life? How come it no longer thinks you have too many computers?

Asking because thats the message I got on my Pi when I tried installing the latest version.

Andrew from bfd reset my account on the inmusic website.

I guess your allowed 3 computers

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll keep this in mind next time I try to install and get an error.

Does this mean every 90 days we HAVE to go online? I mean, thats better than once a month, but its still not something we can be expected to plan for if it means BFD shutting down and refusing to run every 90 days.”

This alternative, if confirmed, would be terrible news. I expect my instruments to last decades and in a software drum kit case to remain usable as it is (as the minimum base) and to became better, if I decide later on to invest more on it…
There exist a relevant number of dead companies with useless product precisely because these schemes. Such introduces a level of uncertainty not yet present in our already bought products.

1 Like

This is why I’m trying to get clarity, because while 90 days is better than once a month, I can keep track of once a month a lot easier than I’ll be able to keep track of every 90 days.

@BFD_SKoT @BFD_Drew

Can we just get some clarity as to what the 90 days means? And what the 10 days thing that was mentioned means?

It’ll be a lot easier to answer anyone asking these questions if those of us here a lot understand completely what is going on. Absolutely no offense meant to the BFD team but atm the answers generate a lot more questions and I just want to understand where we’re at so it can be all clear and upfront to anyone asking questions about this situation :slight_smile:

Predictability is important for me. If I’m going to take a few weeks and disappear on a composing holiday, I can’t lose my drums. I need to know that 1.) the refresh date is coming up, and that 2.) I can do something about it. So, some kind of indicator in the LM, and then a user-forced refresh without burning the allowed deauthorization count.

This keeps the whole thing inside the inMusic license scheme, but would go a long way toward making it workable for traveling or remote musician.

1 Like

Yup, all of this, anything but being locked out of using the software.

Tell me again why I should continue using software that continually tells me that I can’t use the software.

Because when its working, its unparallelled in its sound quality and depth of features.

Its literally the best drum sounds out there :slight_smile: Not even up for debate at this point :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: And because these things are being fixed and updated via feedback from the customer, which shows active development and listening to the community.

2 Likes

What exactly is the relationship between BFD and InMusic.
Does the Fxpansion team (Skot, Drew etc) still work on and develop the software, but are now paid employees of InMusic?
Or
Have they sold everything to InMusic and a new crew of developers will be handling the software and Drew , Skot and the rest of the team will be off on an island somewhere having a beer?
Or
Is it something else?

and what is it when it’s not working? :worried:

The same but with some bugs that need fixing and demonstrably are being fixed. Stop trying to ask closed questions :slight_smile:

If you look around, you can see both BFD team members you mention are active on the forum.

1 Like