BFD3 not authorized, again

Nearly fell foul of this myself.

Its really going to hold BFD back from being an industry leader if studios find it a liability.

Same problems here, having to phone home on software i paid for years ago just aint acceptable, like many people i will be voting with my feet, in the oposite direction from BFD, theres plenty of quality drums out there since i bought into BFD, guess its run its course.
Roy

2 Likes

It has been a goto here since V1.5. Been pulling up a number of older projects (pandemic phenomenom, no gigs, might as well update/finish those unreleased tracks). All tracks use custom kits/presets which have been a challenge to replace with anything else.

That being said, running into showstoppers with 2 different kits from Chocolate Audio. Getting loud pops/meter spikes!! during playback on projects that ran just fine until the relaunch. These ran fine on the last FXpansion release, but to be fair, the DAW also features some potentially relevant updates. Working on definitive and disciplined troubleshooting to confirm the root cause.

Well, to play i have to send an support email every week. It´s so infuriating I´m looking now for other options.
Sad the time i spend with this software that i really liked and used to recommend.

Due to the damage of computer hardware during this period, bfd3 cannot be registered and used after reinstalling the system, and the official website cannot be logged in normally. How can I solve it? Thank you!

Send an email with your account name to support@bfddrums.com explaining the situation. They’ll reset your authorization count.

Well well well, it’s a good Christmas indeed, yesterday I purchased another two expansions, modern retro and vintage recording techniques. I have almost all of them now because I just love BFD. Previously I reported that on my Mac Book Pro running macOS Monterey 12.0.1 the standalone application would not load, no matter what I tried from suggestions on this forum nothing worked. However it did load in my DAW (Cubase Pro).

So today at work I am downloading the new expansion content and SUPRISE SUPRISE, BFD standalone has loaded on my Macbook Pro without any irritating ‘cannot authorize’ messages. I loaded it 5 times in a row just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. SO if you guys at BFD have done any work in the past couple of days I say thank you thank you thank you, all seems great so far.

I will test throughout today and repot back if there are any issues. Man this day just got better.

Merry Christmas BFD Camp, let’s ride a solid 4 on the floor into 2022.

All the BFDest

\m/

3 Likes

Glad you got the standalone working now. Modern Retro is really good, especially the cymbals. Only important thing missing are drags on the snares. I’ve been using it on a couple tracks I’m working on. I’m looking forward to mixing it proper in my DAW.

2 Likes

So far it’s still loading up as standalone, which is good news, however, getting the two new expansions to actually show up in the browser is another story. I have rescanned all paths, scanned only the two new expansions and nothing seems to help. Definitely some glitches going on, crashes if I select search drives and select the drive my content is situated on. Also when I click remove selected paths it askes me to confirm and when I say yes it does not remove them but begins to re-scan all of them and crash.

Haha wait it gets better, now that the standalone is working, BFD in my DAW is giving the same authorization error that the standalone was, seems the roles have swapped, which entirely defeats the purpose for me, I really need it to work in my DAW, man this is really frustrating. The only reason I am not getting p’d off is because it’s Christmas. Thankfully I have it working solid on all fronts on my Mac Pro…there’s a bunch of other stuff also happening but I think my post is already long winded enough. Apologies if this bored you.

I will be back to rant in a few days, after testing some more…

adding as I go:

When clicking BFD in the top left corner of the standalone app, it does not drop down the menu, it pops up for 1 second and disappears, Also getting an error now every time I open it saying Audio error 02 - couldn’t open the audio stream, because no valid sample rate was found. Seems to get more and more glitchy as I go along, maybe I spoke to soon early this morning because I was astounded that the standalone actually loaded.

It loads pre-sets and kits duplicate, triplicate and even quintuplicate times in the browser, this goes for kit pieces too, i know it’s easy to just right click and remove from browser, but when you own almost every expansion pack this can turn into so a long winded exercise, then close the app and open again and they are all back there in duplicate triplicate and quintuplicate, that alone is enough to make me want to smash things lol. So many problems now. Makes me really sad.

I am back haha. Uninstalled BFD application only, not expansions. Re-Installed, now working in DAW and standalone is kaput again LOL. I will leave it at that for now.

Man, what a hassle! Hope you get it working at some point.

1 Like

非常感谢
非常感谢
Thank you.

Mine is broken now.

“Not Authorised,No License File Found”

Spent 2 days trying to get this software working with my edrums to no avail.

Now it’s done this to me.

Three years later and its not fixed.

If you haven’t already, the first thing to try when this happens is logout of the license manager, close it. I would even restart the computer to be safe. Then open it up again and follow the prompts to sign in.

I’ve had this issue before, where it couldn’t authorize stuff. Had to wait until the next day. It’s definitely their crap servers.