BFD Drums Sales Thread

Thanks for that, I was trying to find something like that earlier as I have so many expansions, sometimes it’s not worth me buying as they have the same kit pieces, would be a waste. This one looks good though :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the list of kits/pieces I get in the expansion

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 14.01.27

1 Like

Thanks @SF_Green & @deangersmith for the added detail.

I agree that it would definitely be good to standardise the expansion page descriptions, and at a much higher level-of-detail. Also would be good to be able to embed the full Soundcloud playlists, as they’re displyed on Soundcloud itself. Fresh demos might be a good idea, also :wink:

2 Likes

I got an email from bfddrums about a few expansions on sale for summer.

Modern Retro - $44.99
Jazz Noir - $37.49
Horsepower - $49.50
Percussion - $44.99

Still not updated on the bfddrums website, or 3rd party retailers, but this is the link I received. Those prices aren’t “bad”, but we’ve seen them all for lower before. Maybe other retailers will get in on this and offer some better deals? Who knows.

BFD Expansion Summer Sale

3 Likes

Thank you Fender.

Also it’s on sale at Sweetwater’s website.

1 Like

Thanks @Nacho. Sweetwater has been added.

Looks like the third party retailers now also have these deals. I updated the first comment of this thread with hyperlinks to all of the retailers… makes it a little easier to see who’s who with just blue text. I’ll post all the links here as well, so users don’t have to navigate to the top of the thread. I also updated the title of this thread to make it more generalized.

Plugin Boutique

JRR Shop

Audio Deluxe

The FX Chain

Don’t Crac[k]

Sweetwater

1 Like

Apologies for the slightly off-topic question, but I’m wondering if you know which kit or expansion pack was used in the music for the demo of Modern Rock Grooves?
I’m new to BFD. Until now I’ve been using Toontrack Slate and GGD, but the sound of the kit used on the Modern Rock Grooves product page is what convinced me to buy it.

The DEMO “Jungian” is auditioning various patterns,fills etc and instruments/kit pieces and is using the BFD3 Core Library.(7 Kits).there are more examples/sets in the Modern Rock Grooves PLAYLIST
Expansions include their own grooves… Groove packs product page typically state what they are for…

Modern Rock Grooves
Groove Pack for BFD3…
Which means it is intended for use with the BFD3 Core LIbrary and it’s instruments/kit pieces…

If there are additional requirements (expansions) they are usually listed…

for Example: the Japanese Taiko Grooves…“Requires Japanese Taiko Percussion expansion pack”

Unless a different Expansion is required/specified the Groove packs are for the Core Libraries…
The Groove packs that may cause some confusion are 3rd party packs that don’t list BFD3 and may only be for BFD1…BFD2 or list a combination of all 3 as the Core Libraries for BFD1 and BFD2 are now Expansion packs…London Sessions…Eldorado…Percussion…

As far as an exact list of patterns,fills,mixer settings and BFD3 Core Library instruments/kit pieces used in the DEMO…I doubt there is one…
You can swap or audition drums and from the same expansion/Library or change libraries while the groove etc is playing…

Highlight the instrument/kit piece or mixer channel and under the “Drums” menu select the Class/Sub class for each instrument/kit piece and go through the list while it is playing…single click selects…double click will replace it in the kit

You can also right click on the drum in the Kit View…> Drums > BFD3…the Kit Piece currently selected/in use will be grayed out…scroll to change/select.
You can change to any other library and instruments/kit pieces ,the libraries are listed under their “Codes”
Once you have the kit you want save the preset along with the groove and when you load it later/next time everything will be available/included.

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much for the detailed reply. Much appreciated!

You can also…
Load the Modern Rock Groove Preset…
Deselect…Kit…Deselect…Grv (not highlighted = Gray)
By deselecting Kit and Groove The Kit and Groove will not change when you load the next Preset…(if/when you find a kit/layout you prefer) if you want to change the Kit as the Preset changes… Highlight/select Kit…keep the Groove deselected and the Kit will change with the Preset change but the Groove will remain…everything that is selected is loaded or changed when you load the next Preset…the same with Saving.
If it’s not highlighted/selected it will not be saved.

There are 2 other BFD3 libraries under Presets…
Presets > Library > Select BFD3.3 or 3.4 Library…those have Macros.
To access the Macros…Top Center…Select Macros…you’ll see 4 adjustments,they will vary for every Preset.
You can change Instruments/Kit Pieces and adjust Macros while Groove is playing…
Experiment with different Combinations…

Launch the Online Guide under Help for additional info and how to create Macros etc etc.

1 Like

Thanks again. Really useful info!!

There are some pretty sick deals on expansions right now, with the best probably being Dark Farm at $24.99. Looks like that price is only on the BFD Drums and Plugin Boutique websites as of now, but most of the other prices align between the different retailers. See the top of this thread for retailer links.

Dew it.

1 Like

Dark Farm fell this way. I still trust @BFD_Drew and everyone at BFD with my drums. I am confident that BFD will rise from the ashes and I want to support them by purchasing their products.

Taking this opportunity, what do you think of the “BFD Percussion” package? It looks like an “old” package. Is it working well in BFD3?

Greetings to all!

1 Like

Do you have London Sessions?..There are Kits/Presets in a number of these older expansions that require Eldorado or London Sessions to be complete Kits.Percussion is worth it for all the Kit Pieces alone…The FAQ page doesn’t mention the count (or I missed it) but I show 144 Total Pieces

If not you’ll more than likely see numerous Yellow Triangles.

Some things to note…when loading Kits…make sure MINI MIXER isn’t Highlighted…or you see all Master Channels on the Faders.
All of the Presets have this problem and show all Master Channels whether the MINI is Shown or Hidden…doesn’t matter if Highlighted or not.

If you mistakenly loaded a Kit with it highlighted…turn OFF (Deselect) and reload Kit…

There are numerous Kit Pieces that will show (BFD1 Only)…not only in the Presets but in numerous Kits.You won’t know the problem unless you have the Kit or Kit Piece info on to see it.
You’ll need to swap out (Right Click replace with BFD3 Kit Piece)…Re-Save the preset or Kit.
If you don’t when you click on (BFD1 Only) Kit Piece you’ll hear a “Thump” like power on/off or connect/disconnect a jack and the Mixer…will either Freeze…or BFD3 will Crash.I don’t know why BFD1 are still included in the Presets/Kits.
I guess it’s one of those things never gotten around to…

1 Like

I don’t have London Sessions so I think it would be a good idea to take advantage of the offer and buy it too.

I will follow the rest of the advice! Thank you so much!.

I corrected the Kits and Presets for the BFD 1 ONLY error…Updated download is a couple post down.

The only other errors I found are
ERROR:Drum Not Found:PER SouthAsian Snare Udu.
There is only 1 Kit Piece in the PER SouthAsian Snare Folder…Snare Tamb Pakistan
The only Snare Udu I found is in the PER African Folder.

When you double click the Kit Piece/Yellow Triangle…the piece will appear in the left column showing it under PER African.

Cymbal 2: Missing PER Latin/Cachos Seeds

which is also in the PER African Folder…

Both infos have PER African as location…and you won’t see them unless you have a large Kit Layout with Cymbal 2 and Snare 2.
The Default Kits with SLOTS/MIXER Highlighted wont show them

So really, this is a bug that needs to be addressed by the staff?

UPDATE:
BFD Percussion Expansion
All 46 Kits are updated to BFD3…17 Kits have been corrected for BFD 1 ONLY error.(Kit Pieces Replaced with BFD3 versions)
All 4 Presets have also been updated to BFD3.

Delete/Remove or copy old Folders to a different location that cannot be scanned by BFD or you will have a mess of duplicates.If Presets are loose in Presets Folder be sure to remove all of them.
I always organize Presets into Proper Folders.

Unzip Place BFD3 Folder in main BFD Drums Folder…for Windows: ProgramData > BFD Drums.
You can also replace the Kits and Presets Folders Individually.

BFD3.zip (2.1 MB)

2 Likes

Hello! Until when are the expansion sales on your website going to be extended?

@Flk_Pro It looks like November 30

1 Like