[FIXED] BFD 2 Presets Crashing BFD 3

I have a pile of Crash Dump files which BFD 3 saves on my desktop every time i try to open a BFD 2 Preset, not sure what to do with them or how to resolve the issue of Presets not working.
Roy

Can you give your system specs and upload your presets here?

Steve

Hi Steve
System Specs Here
Intel(R) Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro
16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Presonus Studio 68 usb sound device
Dont know if I can upload Presets as they are BFD standard presets for things like 70’s Drums etc. the BFD 3 provided presets work ok.
I’m just going to try uploading a couple of the crash dumps, (never tried this before).

2021.07.01 1642_06 BFD3 Crash.dmp (141.7 KB)
2021.07.01 1642_06 BFD3 Crash.txt (68 Bytes)
2021.07.01 1645_38 BFD3 Crash.dmp (140.7 KB)
2021.07.01 1642_06 BFD3 Crash.txt (68 Bytes)
Hope that worked and helps.
Thanks Roy

Ah, thanks for these Roy.

I’m not able to read crash dumps, or at least I can’t make any sense out of them.
Those are usually best sent to support at support@bfddrums.com.

I opened the crash text files in notepad and all they says is, ===== [end of Crash.txt] =====
so not much to be gained there. :confused:

So they weren’t presets that you have created yourself, just the ones that shipped with BFD2.

I have BFD2, was it happening with any BBFD2 preset and how were you loading them?

Steve

Hi Steve same here, couldn’t find a program to open the crash dump files, also text file were the same here, the presets are Bfd2 but they show up as presets in Bfd3 and have always worked in Bfd3 until the recent transition, normally just double click them and they load in Bfd3 the same as the bfd3 presets.
Roy

Just tried both 32bit and 64bit versions of BFD2 and the presets load as expected.
Roy

Could you upload some here?
I think BFD2 only shipped with a small handful of presets and I’m not sure I have them.

I have a ton of presets I converted from BFD Eco to BFD2 and they all load fine here.

Did the presets have routings into your sequencer or were they just stand alone ones?
That’s has caused issues with me before.

Steve

Hi Steve thanks for your help, I think I found the answer. I found all the same Presets in the browser under Library London sessions so went back to BFD2 Library and highlighted all the Presets right clicked and selected hide from browser, so all good now and wont keep crashing BFD3. Loaded BFD2 and there all there if i want to use BFD2 for some reason.
Thank you Roy

2 Likes