Post any Feature requests you may have for the BFD Expansions in this category!

Post any Feature requests you may have for the BFD Expansions in this category!

A good dub reggae and Ska expansion kit with lots of nice presets would be cool.

Start off by listening to Linton Kwesi Johnson’s Bass Culture or anything by Denis Bovel, Mikey Dread, Eka Mouse and chuck in some old Jamaican ska like the Skatalites, Prince Buster, Baba Brooks and Don Drumond . :slight_smile:

Steve

1 Like

I don’t know if this falls into the BFP category, but I’d like your (the team’s) take on world percussion.

In the BFD realm, I’d like more drumsticks, especially in cymbals where they play a spectacular role at times, and an option for two or three popular skin choices.

I wash my hands on the download size though. :sweat_smile:

Edit: I wouldn’t say no to a Sabian HHX Legacy pack. What a set!

How about bringing back the Deluxe pack. I can’t understand why it went away in the first place.

5 Likes

A Noble & Cooley kit from the early 90’s to pay homage to a great friend and mentor of mine who passed away. I wish I knew which kit he had exactly, but it was big and beefy and he played the hell out of it. Edit: It may have been the CD Maples Series in Natural Oil finish.

Maybe some smaller cymbal expansion packs, where you don’t have to go all in with a whole vault.

And as SF_Green suggested, bringing back the Deluxe pack, maybe XFL as well.

2 Likes

A Mapex Saturn Kit. Walnut inside and maple outside would be nice.

I’d love a Mapex Black Panther snare

A wish/idea I have for further BFD sample library content is the ability to buy and download
separate or single kit pieces (mainly kicks and snares). I often find myself building “Frankenstein” kits for example the kick from one kit and the snare from another and the toms from another and so on. Would this be a bad business model where customer can buy separate single kit pieces? I have Crush, Heavy, Oblivion, Sabian vault, Oak custom, signature snares. I sometimes wish I could just access/buy one single instrument from one kit and not having to buy/download the whole sample library with mallets and rods hits that Im not interested in. Ex. Kit1: Snare download / Toms (all) download / Kick download / Cymbals (all) download. This is just a thought as a customer and BFD3 user.

1 Like

More highhat options.

1 Like

Definitely more hihat articulations, especially on the tighter end. Maybe even add articulations between tip and shank.

Similarly, snare articulations for off-center hits.

4 Likes

Zildjian Digital Vaults are essential.
I’d like to buy re-release the existed version and also new one with additional unrecorded cymbals.

4 Likes

A kit via Todd Trainer, with Todd Trainer grooves, recorded by Albini.

Please :slight_smile:

Gretsch USA Custom Silver Sparkle Nitron. 10x14"/15x16" Toms, 14x26" Kick
Gretsch 6.5x14” Aluminum Snare Drum
Gretsch 14"x16" Broadkaster Snare
Paiste Big Beat - 16" Hi-Hat, 18" Crash, 20" Crash, 22" Ride

This band and drummer kicks my ass. This would be an instant buy for me. Grooves included would be even sweeter. :pray:

We have Snare Expansions, Cymbal Expansions, I personally would also like Kick and Toms expansions as well.

Wouldn’t say no to a Bill Ward Sig expansion.

1 Like

I guess I said it in the other thread about grooves, but I’d love to see a Giovanni Hidalgo expansion pack.

There are some drummers who really stand out for their tone and nuance, and I’d like to see complete signature expansion packs. Brian Blade and Antonio Sánchez spring to mind. I’d like to see some complete distinct roll articulations from some of these players. They each have their own grip and rebound, and it all comes together into a distinct sound. This is why I love drums.

There’s currently only 2 cymbal expansion packs that are in the current product lineup. I personally wouldn’t mind Paiste and Meinl expansions. And bring back the Zildjian vaults.

4 Likes

I continue my quest for grooves and kit by John Wright of NoMeansNo :slight_smile: We get a perfect blend of jazzy, funky, and postpunk/hardcore :slight_smile:

I just want a good machine :slight_smile:

Plus elements of prog, and math rock. They retired a few years back but here they are in 89. John Wright, the drummer, is still active tho.

anyone know why they stopped selling them? I’m glad I got Deluxe before they phased it out, but I missed out on XFL stupidly. They totally need to bring these back!

I think I’m going to ping Drew ( @BFD_Drew - ping!) to ask whomever is in charge of the forum to add the voting buttons to feature requests like we have over on the Steinberg forums. I think the bring-back-the-Zildjian-expansion request would get quite a few votes.
On the Steinberg forum each person gets six votes to distribute as they see fit. Having a limited amount keeps it from becoming a free-for-all. You can change your votes if you change your mind upon seeing a more important issue or a request gets fulfilled. It’s a good system and they say the developers do keep tabs of the votes.