Hugh Padgham Expansion Kit Not Loading

I purchased from a 3rd party Sonic Reality - Hugh Padgham kit and it’s not loading for me. I have opened license manager and it’s authorized. But I have BFD searching in the path where the files are located. What am I doing wrong?

John

Contact support or PM @BFD_Drew with your old serial number and ask them for a re3placement one.

Steve

I did do that. In the meantime I sent a support ticket for the other issue with the BFD2 sounds and this was the exchange.

Hello John,

Thanks for reaching out to BFD Support! I appreciate the opportunity to help!

Being as it is that BFD 1, 2, and Eco have been discontinued for a number of years, the content contained in their core libraries is no longer compatible with BFD 3.4 nor will it be with future renditions. This has allowed for a more advanced audio engine to be implemented, which will enable the developers to push this software into the future.

However, that being said, I would be happy to assist in getting you the compatible content from BFD 1, BFD 2, and/or BFD Eco in the form of El Dorado, The London Sessions , and Zildjian Digital Vaults Vol.1 respectively. Do you mind sending over the email address associated with your inMusic Account? As well as the FXpansion serial numbers for the corresponding software and your FXpansion Username so that we can double-check you are eligible for the free expansion(s).

At the moment there is an issue with the installation of Sonic Reality Expansions, if you don’t mind, can you send along the email associated with your inMusic account, the Hugh Padgham Serial, and your FXpansion user name to dvernon@inmusicbrands.com.

I hope this is helpful! I look forward to your reply.

???Best Regards,

Alexander Smith

If you owned either BFD1, BFD2 and BFD Eco you’ll be entitled to Eldorado and/or London Sessions for free.

The BFD Eco library was essentially a smaller (less kits) version of the BFD2 libraries with less velocity layers.

Steve

I knew about the BFD Eco because I had it (cracked version) just trying it out. I got the London Sessions from BFD support. Still waiting on the Hugh Padgham Expansion Kit.

2 Likes

Sonic Reality expansions don’t seem to work due to licenses. I’ve emailed Sonic Reality as I want to purchase a few kits off them, but obviously can’t as they wouldn’t work.

SR replied to say thanks for letting them know, and that they’re now talking to InMusic.

Fingers crossed we hear something soon.

Hi jbovinette,

Are you under Windows or Mac ?

Sonic Reality now has all new serials issued by In Music and work with the In Music License Manager.

2 Likes

FWIW. I just moved to a new computer and can’t get this expansion to load. I’ve reinstalled it multiple times. I worked on my previous computer just fine. Any suggestions?

@lantrick I couldn’t get them to work either. There’s only 2 presets anyways, but they both crashed BFD3 immediately, trying to load. Out of curiosity, which OS was on your old comuter where they loaded and I take it your new Mac is running Monterey?

I just started with a blank preset and added each kit piece manually, as a workaround. I did bring it to Allen’s attention at Sonic Reality.

What OS are both machines on?

Yup. I moved from High Sierra to Monterey. BTW I just reinstalled it again and THIS time I allowed it to install in the default location ~/Documents/BFD3 Drums . I have a separate HD that I usually install to. NOW it works correctly I can access both the drum pieces and the presets, before didn’t even have access to the drum pieces. As always, your milage may vary.

@lantrick I’ve noticed with a lot of expansions and not just from Sonic Reality, when I install to a non-default location, it rarely installs the presets, grooves. I have to manually open the installer and copy to my user directory.

Moving forward, I think it would be a good idea to have separate install locations for the sample content and presets, grooves, kits, etc in the installer.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am in the same boat. Installed to external drive and no preset and kits available for any of the sonic reality expansions (4 in total). They are not listed in the library list either. I see the kit pieces though. Only folder that gets installed on the external drive is Audio, nothing else. You mention you were able to manually add presets/kits?

When BFD3 is open, go to File>Load Preset from File. A navigation window will open. Navigate to the presets that are in the install package. Payload>BFD2System>Presets. Load each preset and then save them back.

When you try to install it, are you pressing play in the LM, and then closing the LM?

You could also try locating the download file, closing the LM and running the download file on it’s own.
Not sure how you do that on a mac, but on windows, you just double click the executable and run.

I doubt that it’ll work but it’s worth a go.

In the meant time you should contact support here

Steve

Thanks for that. Was able to load the presets using this method described.

2 Likes