Fxpansion expansions

there is a sale going on at a few places and i am interested in getting Horsepower expansion but places are STILL advertising it as Fxpansion. i thought that was dropped when inMusic bought the company and now it is only BFD Drums (no more Fxpansion folders either by installs)

what i am asking is if i buy the expansion will there be any trouble registering it on the new BFD Drum site and my account?

apparently there is 5 days on the sales as far as i can tell

cheers

I think the only potential issue might be that you’ll need a new serial but I think that’s unlikely.
If it were the case then it should be easy enough to do and if you only have five days left to buy it then I’d go for it.

Depending on where you install the library you just need to take note of it’s location so you can point BFD3 to where it is in case it doesn’t pick it up.
Same with kits and presets too.

Steve

This should be the inMusic serial. If not and you get one through FXpansion, you can either migrate through them to inMusic if you haven’t already, or alternatively, you can PM Drew here and he should sort you out with a new serial #. This expansion is fantastic. I’ll be posting a mix I’m doing using it soon.

Yes, Plugin Boutique switched over to giving out InMusic/BFD-Drums serial numbers soon after the launch of BFD Drums site. I’ve bought several expansions from them since then and they all had InMusic serial numbers and I’ve had no issues installing them and getting them authorized.

2 Likes

well i was thinking about audiodeluxe… i have about $4 deluxe bucks that i can take off the $49 sale price. i am quite frugal… hence why i don’t already own Horsepower… been waiting for a sale or a good price. i never pay retail :stuck_out_tongue:

but i suspect it is the same with AD as with PB and others… pretty sure there has been a transition on that end by now.

cheers

1 Like

Rest assured Audio Delux has been migrated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

all went well (except it took like 3 hrs for the serial to make it’s rounds) if anyone is interested.

cheers

1 Like

Is the ‘London Sessions’ available for BFD2 owners to install by new serial #?

yes if you migrated to inMusic with BFD3 but you must contact support (or i think you PM Drew here) and give them your old serial and/or pertinent information then they will supply you with and new serial and set you up.

on the other hand if you only own BFD2 i don’t think they are gonna just give you a free expansion and inMusic does not support BFD2. the way i understand it is… if you upgraded from BFD2 to BFD3 while things were Fxpansion all was fine but when you migrate to the new installers from inMusic… they are only BFD3 so some of the old BFD2 kit pieces won’t work anymore and the London Sessions has those pieces. once you install the London Sessions expansion you have access to the old BFD2 kit pieces you had previously. i think that is right but if i am wrong someone please correct me.

cheers