BFD Yamaha Oak / Maple / Jazz Maple missing presets and kits

The Yamaha cases were definitely part of the Custom Absolute kit but it was bonus content with it’s own installer that installed into its own folder.

If you still have an account at fxpansion then go to your ‘registered products’ and have a look.
Here’s a screen shot that I just took from mine.

Amazingly I was able to download it, although firefox said it was a security risk but I had to option to proceed which I took,

Steve

1 Like

Good to see that the server is still alive! But I’ve just bought this, so nothing would show up for me over at fxpansion.

Thanks for the clue. Comparing Jazz Maple (which offers 3 downloads, 1 is jazz maple, 2 bonus cymbals, and 3 bonus snare) and MCA (which offers just 1 download) in the license manager, it is obvious that something is not right.

Either they wanted to pack the bonus content in one installer and they forgot, or they forgot to make the serial number give access to those separate installers.

It was a long time ago so I could be wrong, but I think the bonus stuff was on the same licence so in theory, (and if I’m allowed to do this @BFD_Drew @Rayne) I could upload the two installers for the bonus snare and the cases to my mediafire page and you could then install them and licence them using your serial?

I think also the Manu Katche Signature Snare might have been free to.

Steve

Steve

1 Like

You could, and thanks a lot for the offer :pray:t3:,but I’ve already sent to support. @CHASER is right, let’s not circulate installers around, it leaves a bad impression (even if the installers would be useless without the proper license.) So since there aren’t many people shouting about this right now, let’s see if they can see if they can fix it the proper way, for the benefit of future buyers too.

1 Like

Basically they just need to update the installers to include the extra content.

Steve

2 Likes

I’d like to share your optimism but it has been asked for quite a few times over the years and it’s the fact that so few people are asking for it that it may well be quite a few more years before it’s sorted.
It’s nowhere near the top of a very long list.

If they’ll work, and I’m allowed to share them then I’d PM people with them to keep circulation down.

Steve

Steve

1 Like

such a pity becasue Ihave the Custom Absolute but I only bought it after the move from fxpansion, so I do not have the cases :frowning: would like to have them though, logged into my fxpansion acc and everything still seems ok in there,

I just noticed that I bought BFD orchestral when still with fxpansion, the serial number iI have in there is different ot the one I have in my LM?